Society of the Virgin Mary
Just to add a bit to my previous posting:

The SSPX conditionally ordains a priest generally for two reasons. Improper seminary formation and dubious ordination due to an ultramodernist ceremony. Out of these, the lack of seminary formation is by far, the most common reason. And this conditional ordination would only occur after one wishing to be incardinated into the SSPX had received whatever seminary formation that they were lacking..
You cannot have it both ways.  If the SSPX is in the right, which I think it is, then the condition stuff would apply, it does not matter if we're taliking about some misguided Modernist, liberal, NO or whatever OR a misguided trad.  If the guy only got 18 mo training, then the SSPX would say here's the rest of it and train hi just as they would someone on the opposite side of the fence.  My logic holds no matter  NO or trad.

And one thing I've learned in trad circles is to never trust what one preist or semenarian, or partisan of one camp has to say about another.  That goes for the SSPX about FSSP or SSPV,  FSSP about SSPX and SSPV,  CMRI about everyone else, or SSPV about SSPX or FSSP.

Except where they take on the doctrinal arguments.  Then you begin to get good meat so to speak.  But there are all sorts of rumors about SSPX ordinations and consecrations and validity and all kinds of stupid crap.

I don't think it wise to smash a group like this without really knowing.  They seem alright to me, but then again I'm one of the few people on the board who is comfortable with the idea of going to Mass at FSSP, SSPX, SSPV, CMRI, or some indie.  just not EF by other than FSSP.  I might consider ICK but I'd have to give them a good look first.

My level of common sense has been doubted before for reasons more immediate than this I assure you...and I always come out OK.

I would relate a story but some of the words used on the street will not do for this board, I'd be called a name here I have not been called here yet

And up to this point I gotten  --  schismatic, sedevacantist, Zionist, ass, and some others I don't recall, that dope LS accused me of not taking the Church seriously :laughing:
(07-01-2009, 05:02 PM)Scipio_a Wrote: And one thing I've learned in trad circles is to never trust what one preist or semenarian, or partisan of one camp has to say about another. 

You mean I shouldn't have trusted Fr Ken Novak (SSPX) when he told me that my pastor Fr Wolfe (FSSP) was a good man? ;D
LOL :fish:

That you can probably trust

Still smiling about that one! :)

PS when they say  positive things about one another we should probably be more readily accepting since that is not the usual mode of operation