Fr. Farrow’s Rebellion, Action against Knights of Columbus
http://www.catholic.org/national/nationa...p?id=33975

Sobering that a man of God could sink to those lows.

:pray2:

Sometimes, you can tell a lot about an organization by the people/groups that oppose them. In the Knights' case we have the Know Nothings, the KKK, the Masons in Mexico and now this Gay, priest celebrity.
Thats awfully sad. The Priest at my former NO Church hates the KofC "because their so conservative."
This man is a Judas who rejects Christ.  We can only condemn what he says, and pray for him.
"“Specifically in California, the K of C donated large amounts of monies to the “yes on Prop 8” campaign. Priests feel impotent to fight back because they are kept in positions of economic servitude by their bishops. Cozzens explains why priests are paid in such a Byzantine fashion in his book “The Changing Face of the ...Priesthood.” Most people express surprise when I tell them that priests are "self-employed" and also receive a "W-2 Form" from the Diocese for their taxes. Self employed persons are not protect(ed) like employees by labor laws.

“Beyond the issue of salary, priests traditionally receive a BA in Philosophy and then, another four-year degree which is a Masters in Divinity. Neither of these two degrees is very easily translatable into secular employment. This effectively makes it very difficult for a priest to transition out of active ministry. A young priest from the Mid-west recently told me “they gave us all the training we needed to be effective counselors, teachers, administrators, etc BUT they made damn sure we never got any of the credentials necessary to get secular employment in any of those fields.” This is no mere coincidence.

This guy has a lot more problems than just merely attacking the KofC. He evidently has no clue what the priesthood is about and I would even question extensively why he even joined the priesthood.

(07-03-2009, 01:31 AM)Mac_Giolla_Bhrighde Wrote: “Beyond the issue of salary, priests traditionally receive a BA in Philosophy and then, another four-year degree which is a Masters in Divinity. Neither of these two degrees is very easily translatable into secular employment. This effectively makes it very difficult for a priest to transition out of active ministry. A young priest from the Mid-west recently told me “they gave us all the training we needed to be effective counselors, teachers, administrators, etc BUT they made damn sure we never got any of the credentials necessary to get secular employment in any of those fields.” This is no mere coincidence.

There's that "they", again.  If he wanted credentials, he should have gone to school on his own dime, before seminary.  It's easy to blame the Church, like the Church owes them an education, or credentials, and it went out of its way to make sure that priests couldn't get a job, if they decided to leave the priesthood.

Quote:This guy has a lot more problems than just merely attacking the KofC. He evidently has no clue what the priesthood is about and I would even question extensively why he even joined the priesthood.

"Me, me me!  It's all about me!"
(07-03-2009, 01:48 AM)Texican Wrote:
(07-03-2009, 01:31 AM)Mac_Giolla_Bhrighde Wrote: “Beyond the issue of salary, priests traditionally receive a BA in Philosophy and then, another four-year degree which is a Masters in Divinity. Neither of these two degrees is very easily translatable into secular employment. This effectively makes it very difficult for a priest to transition out of active ministry. A young priest from the Mid-west recently told me “they gave us all the training we needed to be effective counselors, teachers, administrators, etc BUT they made damn sure we never got any of the credentials necessary to get secular employment in any of those fields.” This is no mere coincidence.

There's that "they", again.  If he wanted credentials, he should have gone to school on his own dime, before seminary.  It's easy to blame the Church, like the Church owes them an education, or credentials, and it went out of its way to make sure that priests couldn't get a job, if they decided to leave the priesthood.

Quote:This guy has a lot more problems than just merely attacking the KofC. He evidently has no clue what the priesthood is about and I would even question extensively why he even joined the priesthood.

"Me, me me!  It's all about me!"

Yeah like why is the thought of the chance of leaving the priesthood even brought up? That's like somebody about to get married, that is worried about what happens the day they are no longer are married. Its like preemptively breaking your vows before you even made them. As I says the dude knows nothing what being a priest is about and obviously didn't know it going into the seminary. Just like a typical leftist, putting to much emphasis on the human element of Christ, thus to much emphasis on their interpretation of Social Justice (as this article pointed out that they use that term to cover their real agenda, just like abortionist using the term reproductive health or women health services). No emphasis on the divinity of Christ, thus no emphasis on Holy Mass or saving souls.
(07-02-2009, 11:48 PM)Baskerville Wrote: Thats awfully sad. The Priest at my former NO Church hates the KofC "because their so conservative."

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: That's funny. I mean, there's good guys in the KofC by and large, but to say it's a particularly conservative group of Catholics is kinda hilarious.
(07-03-2009, 10:55 PM)Iuvenalis Wrote:
(07-02-2009, 11:48 PM)Baskerville Wrote: Thats awfully sad. The Priest at my former NO Church hates the KofC "because their so conservative."

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: That's funny. I mean, there's good guys in the KofC by and large, but to say it's a particularly conservative group of Catholics is kinda hilarious.

True.  They are generally politically conservative, and they are right on this Prop 8 stuff, of course, but there is a strong thread of never criticizing or trying to challenge -- and I mean by respectful, appropriate means -- what even horrible bishops or priests in their diocese do -- it can be a little blind.  And I don't think they particularly liturgically or doctrinally "conservative" as a whole, though again they support the bishops and priests who are.
But the good news is, his Bishop is doing something about him!

He's no longer corrupting students at Cal State Fresno.

Ten years ago, probably nothing would have been done.