Cakes: the painful truth
(07-04-2009, 02:37 PM)DrBombay Wrote: I like wedding cake.  No, I love wedding cake.  Don't really like any other type.  But I really hate weddings, so it's a catch 22.

It's almost enough to make me want to get married.  Almost.  :sneaky:
Sorry Doc, you can't have your cake and eat it too. ;)
(07-04-2009, 02:37 PM)DrBombay Wrote: I like wedding cake.  No, I love wedding cake.  Don't really like any other type.  But I really hate weddings, so it's a catch 22.

I guess you've never had a fruitcake wedding cake. (Not that kind of fruitcake!)
(07-04-2009, 03:35 PM)Mafalda Wrote:

I guess you've never had a fruitcake wedding cake. (Not that kind of fruitcake!)

There is only one type of wedding cake.  One.  White with white icing.  Do not mess with an Institution like wedding cake.  :shame:
(07-04-2009, 07:22 PM)DrBombay Wrote: There is only one type of wedding cake.  One.  White with white icing.  Do not mess with an Institution like wedding cake.  :shame:

Any particular reason why a wedding cake has to be white, as opposed to...

black...

[Image: BlackWhiteandGoldRoyalScrollMadHatt.jpg]

blue...

[Image: Shades_of_Blue_640x480.jpg]

gold...

[Image: asian-wedding-cakes-2.jpg]

or gun-metal grey? Not that I've ever seen the last one, but I'm sure it can be done.
(07-04-2009, 07:36 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote:
(07-04-2009, 07:22 PM)DrBombay Wrote: There is only one type of wedding cake.  One.  White with white icing.  Do not mess with an Institution like wedding cake.  :shame:

Any particular reason why a wedding cake has to be white, as opposed to...

Because, Archie, we live in America.  That's the way we do things here.

You want a baroque wedding cake, get married in Europe.  :bronxcheer:

The wedding cake is under attack and will be defended.  :jabs:
(07-04-2009, 07:43 PM)DrBombay Wrote: Because, Archie, we live in America.  That's the way we do things here.

The wedding cake is under attack and will be defended.   :jabs:

I never attacked the wedding cake. (Although black might be an appropriate colour if you think about it).  Years ago, someone had the nerve to serve me fruitcake instead of real wedding cake and I'm still disgusted by it.  What were they thinking?
(07-04-2009, 07:43 PM)DrBombay Wrote: Because, Archie, we live in America.  That's the way we do things here.

Actually, because we live in America, we have the freedom to have a wedding cake any way we damn well please.

(not that you only have to have white cakes in Canada, but because America has historically been a uniquely multicultural nation)
(07-04-2009, 07:49 PM)Mafalda Wrote:

The wedding cake is under attack and will be defended.   :jabs:

I never attacked the wedding cake. (Although black might be an appropriate colour if you think about it).  Years ago, someone had the nerve to serve me fruitcake instead of real wedding cake and I'm still disgusted by it.  What were they thinking?

Oh  well in that case, you should be outraged.  Fruitcake is the Chik Fil A of the cake world. 

I agree with black.  A buddy of mine got married many years ago and instead of a wedding card, I gave him a sympathy card. "Thoughts of you in your time of sorrow" it said.  I thought it was high class. His wife still hates me. 
(07-04-2009, 07:50 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote:

Actually, because we live in America, we have the freedom to have a wedding cake any way we damn well please.

(not that you only have to have white cakes in Canada, but because America has historically been a uniquely multicultural nation)

What are you, a communist? I'll hear no more talk of multi-colored wedding cake.  You'll have white wedding cake and like it. Period end.  :amen:
(07-04-2009, 07:55 PM)DrBombay Wrote: What are you, a communist? I'll hear no more talk of multi-colored wedding cake.  You'll have white wedding cake and like it. Period end.   :amen:

Communist because I suggested something other than white cake? WTF? White weddings weren't even popular for most of American history.