Pope Benedict XVI's New Encyclical: Social Political Issues Tied to Pro-Life
Quote: Sounds like a good encyclicle if so it'll be this Holy Fathers first one that hasnt been a complete waste of paper. If he is so concerned with orginizations pushing abortion on third world countries he may want to quit bowing at the alter of the UN though.

Unfortunately, he never gets around condemning abortion as a mortal sin, or saying it is not permitted, except perhaps forced abortions.  I don't think you will find any pro-abortion advocate saying abortion is a great thing.  I doubt any woman enjoys getting an abortion.  So saying its bad is not the same as condemning it in strong language.  Considering all of the confusion over the Obama election, don't you thing he should have gotten around to condemning abortion as a horrible demonic sacrafice and completely denounced politicians that support it?  Please quote me where he does this.

I only wish this encyclical was a waste of paper.  The endorsement of a one world government makes it a catastrophe.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Pope Benedict XVI's New Encyclical: Social Political Issues Tied to Pro-Life - by James02 - 07-07-2009, 11:22 PM