Vicodin, Percocet to be axed?
(07-08-2009, 10:27 PM)DrBombay Wrote:
(07-08-2009, 10:17 PM)Mafalda Wrote:
(07-08-2009, 10:14 PM)DrBombay Wrote: Morphine, now there's some good stuff. 

I guess it's good if you enjoy barfing.

But I didn't barf.

Or maybe I did.  It's all rather fuzzy.   :crazy:

:laughing:
(07-08-2009, 10:17 PM)Mafalda Wrote: I guess it's good if you enjoy barfing.

Don't project.
(07-08-2009, 10:18 PM)Iuvenalis Wrote: Remember Qaaludes? Very 70's. They don't make 'em like that anymore.

Yes they do.  They make lots better stuff than methaqualone.  That is why methaqualone is no longer available. You don't know much about drugs.  Besides, I doubt you are old enough to remember Quaaludes.  I'm not old enough either, but I have a special dispensation to comment.
(07-08-2009, 10:27 PM)DrBombay Wrote:
(07-08-2009, 10:17 PM)Mafalda Wrote:

I guess it's good if you enjoy barfing.

But I didn't barf.

Or maybe I did.  It's all rather fuzzy.   :crazy:

I think you all are thinking about heroin and vomiting.  Anyway, morphine can make you vomit as well, not like heroin, but either way, who cares?  One could vomit a football and it would feel great!
(07-08-2009, 09:30 PM)Iuvenalis Wrote:
(07-08-2009, 01:26 PM)Underdog Wrote: Just another example of the bloated fed govt trying to manage every little aspect of our lives.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31782102/ns/...alth_news/

Quote:If adopted by the Food and Drug Administration, the changes would lower the maximum over-the-counter Tylenol dose and would ban two narcotic painkillers, Vicodin and Percocet, which also contain acetaminophen.

Yet another painkiller, propoxyphene, was the target of FDA action on Tuesday. Also sold as Darvon and in an acetaminophen combination called Darvocet, it has been linked to accidental overdoses and suicides. The prescription medication will now come with a pamphlet describing the risk.

Yeah, who cares, none of these drugs ever worked for me anyway. In order to actually get any effect from Vicodin I had take an extra pill and wash it down with a bottle of wine.

There's better painkillers out there, I won't miss these.

And anything they lower the dose of to weaken it to make it 'safer', helpful hint, take it with a little booze, which functions as a catalyst to make the painkiller a bit more effective.

I missed this since it was on the first page.  Mixing hydrocodone/acetaminophen with alcohol is a recipe for disaster.  Do not take this advice unless you like visiting emergency rooms and mortuaries.
(07-08-2009, 11:46 PM)Anthem Wrote: I missed this since it was on the first page.  Mixing hydrocodone/acetaminophen with alcohol is a recipe for disaster.  Do not take this advice unless you like visiting emergency rooms and mortuaries.

Take his advice if you want to be a wuss. Real men go to the ER.

Seriously though, somebody doesn't get sarcasm.  ::)

(07-08-2009, 11:32 PM)Anthem Wrote:
(07-08-2009, 10:18 PM)Iuvenalis Wrote: Remember Qaaludes? Very 70's. They don't make 'em like that anymore.

Yes they do.  They make lots better stuff than methaqualone.  That is why methaqualone is no longer available. You don't know much about drugs.  Besides, I doubt you are old enough to remember Quaaludes.  I'm not old enough either, but I have a special dispensation to comment.

Wow, you take yourself seriously.

It's also funny that you 'pull rank' on drugs. Hippie.
i think I have the right to say what I like.  I am not a 'hippie' however.  I have had enough sense to avoid drug abuse.

As a coroner, I can tell you that we get quite a lot of business in the morgue from people who mess up with morphine, especially kids trying to get high who chew the time-release kind (MS-Contin).  Very dangerous stuff.
Ah good, an installment of Nancy Reagan's DARE program for everyone here on FE who isn't an adult and is going to run right out and start mainlining morphine because me and Bombay made some jokes.

Hey, good lookin' out guys!  :w2go:
Morphine never made me puke but Demerol did... and didn't kill the pain either. I like Vicodin for ma teefs* but I can't take it at night, it gives me nightmares, scary demonic nightmares.

*when I have to have a tooth pulled or a root canal they usually give me Vicodin for the pain. Works like a charm.

Quote:I have had enough sense to avoid drug abuse.

"I think you're confusing druuuuuuuuuuuuuugs with drugs."