(Protestant) Prime Minister of Canada receive communion - but puts it in pocket?
Well, the priest may or may not have known whether the prime minister is Catholic.  I assume the prime minister is as well known (and his religion known) just as well as Obama and his religion is known?  (Not to derail this thread, but I really don't know Obama's religion, but it isn't Catholic.)  Anyway, the prime minister clearly held out his hand.  It was not like the priest forced the Body of Christ upon him.  So, there is a little blame to go around here.  Perhaps the priest was "going through the motions" saw the hand an placed the host there.  The best you can say for the priest is that he obviously was not paying attention to what he was doing.  Also, the prime minister was complicit in that he held out his hand to request communion.  I blame them both.
I blame you.
The fact that Harper is a fundie prot is fairly well known here. I cannot imagine a Catholic priest, who believes our Holy Faith, offering him Comminion.
Hey, you think this could make the news and people could learn about the Most Blessed Sacrament??
(07-09-2009, 02:27 AM)spera Wrote: Hey, you think this could make the news and people could learn about the Most Blessed Sacrament??

You truly are a militant optimist.
LOL
Reasonably so, because I am on the streetcar, and the lady in front of me is reading it in the paper. People will ask, why the big deal? Perhaps they will find out!!
**UPDATE**

It has been confirmed that Prime Minister Harper did in fact consume the Host.
oh well thats all better then.
No it is not better, but it is not as bad as it could have been.