(Protestant) Prime Minister of Canada receive communion - but puts it in pocket?
(07-09-2009, 04:20 PM)geogeer Wrote: **UPDATE**

It has been confirmed that Prime Minister Harper did in fact consume the Host.

Did the lady next to him consume it as well, because she just walked off with it in her hand as well.
Well I suspect the lady next to him was his wife.  I guess in their denomination they all receive their bread then all eat it at the same time.  This is why you did not see PM Harper ingest it right away.
how is it better if a prod receives the Body of Christ while not believing in the real presence and consumes it later rather then put the body in his pocket? a matter of degree i suppose but still a sacrilege nonetheless
i was giving these guys the benefit of the doubt until they handed the unrepentant sodomites half a mil to party in my city. this is just one more confirmation there all crooked. politicians live of the dreams of fools
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/cbc/090710/ca...ommunion_1

Read the part I've highlighted in red. Unbelievable!   :o
[size=10pt]
[font=Verdana][size=10pt][size=10pt]Harper slams communion story as 'low moment in journalism'

Fri Jul 10, 7:21 AM

Prime Minister Stephen Harper said Friday the "unsubstantiated" story that he put communion bread in his pocket during the funeral of former governor general Roméo LeBlanc last week, "is a low moment in journalism."

Harper's comment came during a news conference at the Group of Eight summit in L'Aquila, Italy.

"I think somebody running a story and I don't know where responsibility lies somebody running an unsubstantiated story that I would stick communion bread in my pocket is really absurd," Harper said.

"First of all, as a Christian, I've never refused communion when offered to me. That is actually pretty important to me," he said.

"And I think it's a real, frankly, a low point. This is a low moment in journalism, whoever is responsible for this. It's just a terrible story, and a ridiculous story, and not based on anything, near as I can tell."

It's the first time the prime minister has commented on the story, and it comes after Archbishop André Richard, who offered the communion wafer to Harper during the ceremony, came to his defence.

Richard, head of the Moncton archdiocese, said Thursday it's considered "sacrilegious" for non-Catholics to take part in the rite, but only if it is done with disrespect.

"In the context, it's obvious that no disrespect was meant, I'm quite sure," he said in a telephone interview.

Richard said a protocol officer told him before the ceremony that anyone who wanted to take part in communion would signal his or her willingness to do so.

Video of the state funeral in Memramcook, N.B., shows Harper an evangelical Protestant reaching out to take the host with his right hand, but it doesn't show what he did with it.

A spokesman for the prime minister and at least one witness, Senate Speaker Noel Kinsella, has come forward to say Harper did eat the wafer immediately after he received it.

Richard said, as far as he is concerned, the matter is closed.

(07-10-2009, 04:04 PM)Mafalda Wrote: Richard, head of the Moncton archdiocese, said Thursday it's considered "sacrilegious" for non-Catholics to take part in the rite, but only if it is done with disrespect.

I think this is misworded.  If he is ignorant of the fact that non-Catholics are not to receive communion then it cannot be a sinful action.  Should he receive communion at a Catholic service after this, one could not say that he is in any way ignorant of his actions.  God did not hold it against Moses wearing his sandals prior to being told that he walked on holy ground.  Should Moses have worn his sandals thereafter, it would have been a different matter.
(07-09-2009, 01:10 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: The fact that Harper is a fundie prot is fairly well known here. I cannot imagine a Catholic priest, who believes our Holy Faith, offering him Comminion.

I cannot imagine a catholic priest, who believes our Holy Faith, being in the conciliar church.
(07-10-2009, 11:46 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(07-09-2009, 01:10 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: The fact that Harper is a fundie prot is fairly well known here. I cannot imagine a Catholic priest, who believes our Holy Faith, offering him Comminion.

I cannot imagine a catholic priest, who believes our Holy Faith, being in the conciliar church.

Amen to that!
The plot thickens!

]http://www.cbc.ca/canada/new-brunswick/story/2009/07/28/nb-wafergate-apology-harper-1049.htm]

The publisher and the ditor of the paper that reported this have been fired.
(07-28-2009, 09:16 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: The plot thickens!

]http://www.cbc.ca/canada/new-brunswick/story/2009/07/28/nb-wafergate-apology-harper-1049.htm]

The publisher and the ditor of the paper that reported this have been fired.

Correct link: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/new-brunswick/s...-1049.html ;)