Feta Cheese
Look online for Greek recipes. I THINK Cretan pie uses feta cheese. So does spanakopita. 'Course, then you have to deal with phyllo dough, but it is delicious.
(07-11-2009, 10:12 AM)Satori Wrote: Look online for Greek recipes. I THINK Cretan pie uses feta cheese. So does spanakopita. 'Course, then you have to deal with phyllo dough, but it is delicious.

spanakopita with purchased phyllo so it's not that much of a pain, or make a pizza.
(07-11-2009, 11:06 AM)libby Wrote: spanakopita with purchased phyllo so it's not that much of a pain, or make a pizza.

An easy pizza:  on your favorite pizza dough, drizzle a little olive oil, add some sun-dried tomatoes, as well as some spinach leaves, marinated artichoke hearts, sliced kalamata olives, cooked chicken breast (cubed), and then sprinkle liberally with crumbled cheese.  Bake until cheese is melted, and dough is cooked. 
(07-11-2009, 02:28 PM)Texican Wrote:
(07-11-2009, 11:06 AM)libby Wrote: spanakopita with purchased phyllo so it's not that much of a pain, or make a pizza.

An easy pizza:  on your favorite pizza dough, drizzle a little olive oil, add some sun-dried tomatoes, as well as some spinach leaves, marinated artichoke hearts, sliced kalamata olives, cooked chicken breast (cubed), and then sprinkle liberally with crumbled cheese.  Bake until cheese is melted, and dough is cooked. 

:eats:
Now I'm hungry...
(07-11-2009, 02:46 PM)Texican Wrote: Now I'm hungry...

There's a shock.
(07-11-2009, 02:44 PM)Mrs_Spock Wrote:
(07-11-2009, 02:28 PM)Texican Wrote:

:eats:

I'll send some over to the digital tea party for you.  :) :) :)
Cous Cous salad.

Prepare cous cous (use less water so its a bit more firm.)  Add some crushed garlic, olive oil, sea salt, black pepper.  Let cool.  Add sliced green onions, fresh basil, diced tomatos, petite peas, (+ whatever else sounds good) and the crumbled feta and mix.  Chill some more.  It is a good dish to make in the summer since it is served cool and the only cooking involved is boiling some water.

You can use orzo or israeli cous cous too which is a bit more pasta like.

(07-11-2009, 09:18 PM)DrBombay Wrote: There's a shock.

:fish:
(07-12-2009, 12:13 AM)Paloma Wrote: Cous Cous salad.

Prepare cous cous (use less water so its a bit more firm.)  Add some crushed garlic, olive oil, sea salt, black pepper.  Let cool.  Add sliced green onions, fresh basil, diced tomatos, petite peas, (+ whatever else sounds good) and the crumbled feta and mix.  Chill some more.  It is a good dish to make in the summer since it is served cool and the only cooking involved is boiling some water.

You can use orzo or israeli cous cous too which is a bit more pasta like.

That's what I'm looking for - no heating up the kitchen.