Who owns 'Ave Maria?'
(07-14-2009, 03:31 PM)Credo Wrote: Do more gender-intensive languages (i.e.: Spanish) have groups of people trying to neutralize their words too?

Yes, they do.
This article from New Oxford Review addresses this discussion:  http://www.newoxfordreview.org/article.j...08-carroll

(07-14-2009, 01:26 PM)Credo Wrote:
CatholicThurifer Wrote:I remember them changing Bach's "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring" to "Jesu, Joy of Our Desiring" - how sick is that!!!!!

I attended Mass in a little out of the way parish this past Sunday morning because I didn't have the gas money to make it to my normal TLM. The recessional was Let There Be Peace on Earth. It included the original verse, "With God as our Father, brothers all our we; Let me walk with my brother in perfect harmony." However below that there appeared an "optional text." It read thus: "With God as our Father, we are family; Let us walk with each other in perfect harmony."

Here is a PDF of the song: http://web.ocp.org/pdfOctavos/webReadyPr...2281z4.pdf

At any length, we were half way through the song before I realized the agenda behind the changes. Want to guess if we used the "optional text" at the Mass I mentioned?

With all the abhorrence for inclusive language one can possibly have, I must still point out that "we are family" does scan better.

Even if it does evoke a bit too much disco....

:villagepeeps:
One of the last Conciliar "Masses" I was at the hymns were two by MARTIN LUTHER and one by Marty haugen. Real classy stuff and so right for the Catholic faith.
(07-16-2009, 12:29 AM)Baskerville Wrote: One of the last Conciliar "Masses" I was at the hymns were two by MARTIN LUTHER and one by Marty haugen. Real classy stuff and so right for the Catholic faith.

I remember hearing the militant "A Might Fortress is our God" at one of the last ones I went to. Of course they had junk by Marty Haugen too. Yuck!  :puke: