Supreme Court Nominee Sonia Sotomayor Calls Roe Abortion Case "Settled Law"
(07-17-2009, 05:16 PM)tflinn Wrote: From there we go, quite logically (???) to the Constitutional right to kill the unborn in the womb.  Actually, in the Supreme Court's mind it really IS logical.  If contraception fails, we must have abortion to make up for it.  That is actually stated in an SC decision but the case name escapes me at the moment.

PLANNED PARENTHOOD OF SOUTHEASTERN PA. v. CASEY, 505 U.S. 833, 856 (1992).
Does this surprise anyone?  Figures.  Stupid Obama appointing all these traitor "Catholics" who they themselves should have been aborted as a baby!  Someone should do something about these people.  NOW!!!!
(07-17-2009, 07:14 PM)General Tsos Chicken Wrote: Does this surprise anyone?  Figures.  Stupid Obama appointing all these traitor "Catholics" who they themselves should have been aborted as a baby!  Someone should do something about these people.  NOW!!!!

Troll. ::)
[PLANNED PARENTHOOD OF SOUTHEASTERN PA. v. CASEY, 505 U.S. 833, 856 (1992).
[/quote]

Thank you.  I thought it might be "Casey" but I wasn't sure.  I'm a lawyer so I guess I should remember all these cases.  Another interesting and sad note.  When I was studying for the bar exam (2005) I took a bar review course.  In the constitutional law section of the materials we were encouraged to grasp firmly the fundamental constitutional rights.  They were?  Among others, contraception, divorce and abortion.  FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS.  It seems to me that "fundamental rights" would mean the very foundation on which the country stands.  What does that say about our country, or at least about the elites who have given us this mess?  By the way, I went back to law school in 2001 at age 49 and am now 57.  I DO remember a time not long ago when, as bad as things were, they were nothing like the cesspool in which we now find ourselves.  Perhaps that provides some hope.  If it was better once maybe it can be better again.