Prayers for one of our goats
We have a doe goat who is probably going to give birth today. It is our first kidding (birth of a goat) without the aid of an experienced neighbor who helped us with our other kidding. My wife and I will be watching her on our own. This goat (Marbly) is a family favorite: very affectionate with our children, who love her dearly (and get kisses and nuzzles from her). Please pray for me to be able to help competently, if necessary. First time for everything.
I'm sure you'll do fine, but I'll pray for you guys.
OK OK OK
she is in active labor now (I have the laptop out in the barn!!  :laughing:) so far so good..
I have a good friend that is a goat genius, if you get stuck, PM me. Good luck...goat kids are adorable.

Bummer
We had 2 female goats born about 1:40 and 1:50 a.m this morning  :) Mama and babies are all fine. I have gotten about 2 hours sleep. lol..We were hoping that the baby (or in this case, babies) would  be a girl(s) since these are obviously much more valuable to our fledgling dairy operation. Thanks for the prayers all!! Now I just hope I don't start snoring in the middle of Father's sermon at mass this morning  :laughing:
Glad all are ok :) Please post pictures of them!!
(07-19-2009, 09:35 AM)Melita Wrote: Glad all are ok :) Please post pictures of them!!

We will get some on soon  :)
good job Marbly!

:)
Y'all did great.  Now you have braggin rights.  ;D

for your dairy  :pray2: