Favorite flavor (brand specific) of ice cream..
(07-25-2009, 11:28 PM)libby Wrote: double waaaaaa.

and it's such a nice blue color, too.

:awww:
Thank you, Mrs. .

I appreciate that. Noone else understands.

:)

I like blue food even though I'm not a boy.

I like white candy bars.

I like iced tea.

SWEET iced tea.

Oh, Mrs. Spock - what will become of me?!
Sweet tea?  um.. 

;D

(07-26-2009, 01:03 AM)Texican Wrote: Sweet tea?   um.. 

;D

>:(
(07-26-2009, 01:27 AM)libby Wrote:
(07-26-2009, 01:03 AM)Texican Wrote: Sweet tea?   um.. 

;D

>:(

:awww:

It doesn't taste like normally blue things.  I can say that.

It has a more deserty taste like something closer to vanilla than say something super sugary sweet like cotton candy or raspberries.  It's more wholesome and rich than just blue dyed sugar ice cream.  Indeed, it is impossible to say what it tastes like, but I highly recommend.  I'm sure you can find some wherever you are Libby.
I found this:
"Growing up I ate my share of blue gelati, a sugary light-blue flavor of Italian ice. As far I can remember there was nothing great about the taste. The sole reason kids ate it was that it turned their lips, teeth and tongue an appalling blue.

It wasn't until recently that I heard of Blue Moon ice cream, a flavor that originated in Milwaukee, and was enjoyed by kids in the northern Midwest for the same staining ability that drew me and my little friends to blue gelati. But there's more to Blue Moon, which is said to have been invented in the late 1940s or 1950s. The turquoise colored confection is said to have a flavor that's been described as like the milk after a bowl of Froot Loops.

The folks at Chicago's Edgar A. Weber & Co., which now owns the formula, say the beguiling Blue Moon has a "cherry, citrusy, fruity-type flavor." Fans have tried to guess the ingredients and many have posted recipes on the web calling for such things as pineapple and curaçao. Weber & Co. won't reveal the secret ingredient, but says that a colorless version is used in medicines and beverages to mask bitter flavors.

Regardless of what the recipe for Blue Moon is, one thing remains true: it's only available in the northern Midwest. This coupled with childhood nostalgia has made the bizarre flavor a hot item for online ice cream stores, which charge upwards of $10 a pint."
Ingredients
3 cups finely chopped pineapple
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup blue curacao, to taste
2 quarts good quality vanilla ice cream
Directions
1In a large saucepan, combine fruit, sugar and curacao.
2Bring to a boil over moderate heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
3Simmer for approximately five minutes.
4Strain into a bowl, reserving pineapple solids.
5Temper ice cream in the refrigerator until slightly softened.
6Add pineapple and stir to combine completely.
7Return to freezer for two hours; stir again.
8Freeze until completely firm.
9Ice cream will keep approximately one week.

? ? ? ?

...huh.
You know,  I don't know what these people are talking about.  It doesn't taste pineappley at all.  I was going to say it's closer to something like molasses or vanilla or something rich like that than something fruity.
Thought dymphna and Matthew_R would be interested to learn what I had tonight for dessert.

[Image: browniefudgesundae.jpg]
Braum's Brownie Fudge Sundae :pig:

Don't hate me for living but a few short miles from a Braum's. :P