Pope Benedict XVI's Jesus of Nazareth?
(12-22-2010, 07:35 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: On a side note, this book Jesus of Nazareth was helpful to me in my own conversion out of Buddhism so it does hold a place of honor for me in a way.

To inquire as to this side note, though not to derail the thread: how long were you a Buddhist?
(12-22-2010, 07:43 PM)INPEFESS Wrote:
(12-22-2010, 07:35 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: On a side note, this book Jesus of Nazareth was helpful to me in my own conversion out of Buddhism so it does hold a place of honor for me in a way.

To inquire as to this side note, though not to derail the thread: how long were you a Buddhist?

And how did the book help you to convert?
It showed me that Christianity in general could be taken seriously, if that makes any sense. I was always under the biased and misguided impression that Chrsitianity was for people who didn't think, much of it being the result of grwoing up getting my impressions of Christians from the media and my old liberal friends. His book sort of showed me that there was a different side to Christianity. i'm not much of an intellectual but I just got the impression the Holy Father took seriously what it said in the Bible. It made me think a bit. I won't derail this thread by going into this more though.