Thoughts on Vatican II and a question for you
(07-23-2009, 01:59 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: End of editorial. Let me turn it into a question and ask if traditional Catholics will admit that renewal (restoration) in the 20th century Church was needed? If so, how would you have effected change and/or dealt with problematic issues in the Pre-Vatican II Church if you had the know-how, the power and authority?

- Lisa

Was a "renewal" needed? I don't think so. "Renewal" of what? That one word has caused more harm than any of us will ever know while still on this earth.

If anything, a "reinforcement" of what the Church has always taught was in order, but not a "renewal".

Throughout the ages, the message of has been repeated whenever there was trouble, the reason for this is to reinforce and grow the faith, but because a "renewal" was deemed as a good thing, well, Miles said it GREAT and I will quote: Modernists often have a way of saying one thing that most people will understand as being credible, while at the same time meaning quite something else.  They are cleverly able to turn a phrase so that it seem indifferent or, worse, positive to the Faith, yet in reality the phrase may be very harmful.

Proof is in the pudding imo.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Thoughts on Vatican II and a question for you - by Stubborn - 07-23-2009, 08:22 PM