Thoughts on Vatican II and a question for you
(07-27-2009, 11:34 AM)Zakhur Wrote: Trust perhaps?  Can we really accuse them of having a level of trust that was <i>unwarranted</i>?  I think that an unintended result of Vatican I's teaching on the gift of infallibility produced a servile obedience in many Catholics.  Something important was uninentionally being ommitted perhaps from catechesis.  On the other hand, it is quite obvious to me that the Church hierarchy unjustly expected the faithful to assume that everything they foisted upon them was healthy.  To take advantage of the faithful's perfectly justified trust in such ways was unjust.

Blind obedience. Ignorance of the Faith. Indifference. Or maybe they were already infected with liberalism and me-ism to some degree. Or maybe theirs was the generation that should have heeded the words of Christ when he warned the Pharisees: "You have made void the commandment of God by your tradition." This does not sound like a generation most traditionalists would want to emulate.

Let’s hear what another traditionalist had to say:

Quote: 1950-ism the sort of Catholicism from the 1950s that led us to the Vatican II conciliar collapse. The appearance of religion without the substance. A Pharisaic sentimentalism. A spiritual diet of candy and sweets. Like trying to live off candy. – Bp Richard Williamson

Messages In This Thread
Re: Thoughts on Vatican II and a question for you - by SCG - 07-27-2009, 12:06 PM