Thoughts on Vatican II and a question for you
(08-01-2009, 01:36 AM)iggyting Wrote: Quote from Zakhur:
"Heck man, I don't even think the whole council contains nearly false teachings!  It doesn't!  That's not how it damaged the Faith on earth.  The council damages the Faith of people in a much more subtle way.  It is thus far more dangerous than explicit heresy."

I understand you to mean what you said: that Vatican II 'is thus far more dangerous than explicit heresy'. In other words, the present Church is more than a heresy!

Actually, you're a bit off.

I did not say "the present Church is more than a heresy."  However, that is a true statement, because the present Church, which is also the Church of the past and the future, is the True Church founded by Christ, and THAT Church is far more than a heresy as you well know.  It's much better than a heresy because it is the Truth. :)

You seem to think that Vatican II is the Church.  So if I criticise Vatican II, I criticise the Church.  The problem is that Vatican II represents a failure by the Church's LEADERS.  The Church and her leaders are not the same.  Her leaders are defectible, She is not.  The members of the Apostolic Succession are capable of failing the Church.  They are capable of being non-infallible if they so choose.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Thoughts on Vatican II and a question for you - by Zakhur - 08-01-2009, 12:52 PM