Why was England so interested in conquering Ireland?
(07-25-2009, 08:31 AM)alaric Wrote:
(07-24-2009, 07:52 PM)didishroom Wrote: Because they were Douche Bags....
Apparently Hitler thought so as well...........

Which kinda makes you wonder, would England or Europe for that matter had been in a better state today had the UK and France never attacked Germany to placate their International bankster masters?

Pat Buchannan certainly thinks so. He blames Churchhill for the fall of the British Empire.
(07-25-2009, 08:52 AM)Bonifacius Wrote:
(07-25-2009, 08:42 AM)alaric Wrote:
(07-24-2009, 10:12 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: inferiority complex about the wee men u know what i mean. English lassies were always better satisfied with us Irish. so the English couldn't out love us they tried to out fight us which for the last 800 years they haven't succeeded. we do everything better besides imperialism and the limeys are not  good at that no more either.
sip sip
Of course it didn't stop the "gentlemen" from enforcing the twisted idea of "prima nocte" on the Scottish and Irish populations which really pissed them off creating men who would rebel like William Wallace.

What's your evidence for the idea that "prima nocte" ever existed as a custom?  I hope it's not Mel Gibson's movies.  I've read that "prima nocte" is a bunch of hogwash. 

Yeah that was made up.
If the English are douche bags and imperialism sucks, wouldn't the collapse of the British Empire be a good thing?  And didn't Hitler admire the British Empire and offer to support it?  So wouldn't that mean that Hitler was on the wrong side on this one and the British declaration of war benefited the folks in the British Empire?  
(07-25-2009, 08:48 AM)Bonifacius Wrote:
(07-25-2009, 08:31 AM)alaric Wrote:
(07-24-2009, 07:52 PM)didishroom Wrote: Because they were Douche Bags....
Apparently Hitler thought so as well...........

Which kinda makes you wonder, would England or Europe for that matter had been in a better state today had the UK and France never attacked Germany to placate their International bankster masters?

No, it would not be better off.  *In the 1930s,* Hitler was a bigger douche than the English.  1940s Poland was worse than 1940s Ireland.  Read a book sometime. 
Maybe you could refer one to me mister history major.

While you're at it, prove to me that the krauts treated pollocks any worse than their eventual Bolshevik masters or how Anglos treated anybody worldwide in their little empire than the sun eventually setted over.

Hitler didn't have any monoploy in douchbaggery over the English-mun who robbed and raped more globally than the Reich could possibly dream of.

One thing's for certain, Hitler wasn't that much of a d-bag to the Brits where he could have taken them out of the war early when he could have annihilated them at Dunkirk where he had them and a few hapless French pinned down.

Maybe you should read more yourself.
(07-25-2009, 08:53 AM)didishroom Wrote:
(07-25-2009, 08:52 AM)Bonifacius Wrote:
(07-25-2009, 08:42 AM)alaric Wrote:
(07-24-2009, 10:12 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: inferiority complex about the wee men u know what i mean. English lassies were always better satisfied with us Irish. so the English couldn't out love us they tried to out fight us which for the last 800 years they haven't succeeded. we do everything better besides imperialism and the limeys are not  good at that no more either.
sip sip
Of course it didn't stop the "gentlemen" from enforcing the twisted idea of "prima nocte" on the Scottish and Irish populations which really pissed them off creating men who would rebel like William Wallace.

What's your evidence for the idea that "prima nocte" ever existed as a custom?  I hope it's not Mel Gibson's movies.  I've read that "prima nocte" is a bunch of hogwash. 

Yeah that was made up.
I figured as such myself, i just kinda threw that out there. But British agggression is well documented through history enough to realize what they've been up to without mad Mel and hollywierd to give us any history lessons.
(07-25-2009, 08:55 AM)Bonifacius Wrote: If the English are douche bags and imperialism sucks, wouldn't the collapse of the British Empire be a good thing?  And didn't Hitler admire the British Empire and offer to support it?  So wouldn't that mean that Hitler was on the wrong side on this one and the British declaration of war benefited the folks in the British Empire?  
Hitler admired the fact that the British were basically more of Germanic cousins where both nations descended from the same central Germanic tribes and also the fact that the English people in theory were also vehemently opposed to Communism and the Soviet Stalinism as well, although they eventually winded up licking the boots of "uncle joe" like the rest of the Western allies during and after the war.

Hitler was against Communism, Britain enabled Communism to take root on the continent, because it "benefitted" the Empire in the long run.
(07-25-2009, 09:52 AM)alaric Wrote:
(07-25-2009, 08:55 AM)Bonifacius Wrote: If the English are douche bags and imperialism sucks, wouldn't the collapse of the British Empire be a good thing?  And didn't Hitler admire the British Empire and offer to support it?  So wouldn't that mean that Hitler was on the wrong side on this one and the British declaration of war benefited the folks in the British Empire?  
Hitler admired the fact that the British were basically more of Germanic cousins where both nations descended from the same central Germanic tribes and also the fact that the English people in theory were also vehemently opposed to Communism and the Soviet Stalinism as well, although they eventually winded up licking the boots of "uncle joe" like the rest of the Western allies during and after the war.

Hitler was against Communism, Britain enabled Communism to take root on the continent, because it "benefitted" the Empire in the long run.

As an aside, I think it's interesting to note the differences between German and English experiences under the Romans. The Germans had a much tougher time adjusting to what the Romans wanted from them ("civilisation") than the English, although both put up a fight. And Hitler ended up using Roman nostalgia, through the lens of Germania, to build the ideal German identity: that of the beautiful savages, living idylic lives in forests. I remember reading that one major thing the Romans found worthy of respect amongst the barbaric tribes of Germany was their monogamy (as well as their stoicism). But of course it was Roman disillusionment with the slow corruption and decadence of the City and its laws which made moralists and writers turn towards their own Etruscan and rustic roots, idealising those and creating them as a commonality with the Germans. It's odd that Hitler used so much of what the Romans saw of themselves in the Germans as fundamental to German identity itself. It's like seeing yourself twice through a mirror.
Alaric,

Hitler wanted to keep the Poles as slaves for the Reich, to occupy their land, and eventually replace the Poles with Germans.  He tried to suppress Poland as a country, i.e. there would be no Poland in existence, only uncultured, unlettered slaves.  The Soviets did not try to force the Poles to be Russians, did not end higher education of Poles (the Germans did that), did not aim at the annihilation of the Polish nation, etc.  Poland during the days of the Warsaw Pact still was a nation that existed.  It survived and exists today.  Had Hitler won the war, there would be no independent Poland today, just Germany expanding ever farther to the East.  Poland survived 40+ years of Communism.  They would not be in such good shape today had the Nazis ruled them for 40+ years. 

By the way, the Nazis weren't "opposed to Communism."  They supported their own racial-eugenic-pagan form of Communism.  They were collectivists and totalitarians, just like the Bolsheviks.  So he opposed his own form of Communism to the economic-materialistic-international one to the East. 

In any case, I wasn't trying to exonerate the English when it comes to crimes they did commit.  Just fend off your extraneous "Hitler-wasn't-so-bad-I-guess" nonsense.
Hitler didn't even care about Poland; I believe he just wanted a port in Poland.
An interesting aside, but I'd note that the Romans never ruled "the English."   They ruled Celts living in Britain.  The Angles, Saxons, and Jutes (the English proper) came later.  They were Germanic tribes and never lived under Roman rule.