Why was England so interested in conquering Ireland?
(07-25-2009, 08:53 AM)didishroom Wrote:
(07-25-2009, 08:52 AM)Bonifacius Wrote:
(07-25-2009, 08:42 AM)alaric Wrote:
(07-24-2009, 10:12 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: inferiority complex about the wee men u know what i mean. English lassies were always better satisfied with us Irish. so the English couldn't out love us they tried to out fight us which for the last 800 years they haven't succeeded. we do everything better besides imperialism and the limeys are not  good at that no more either.
sip sip
Of course it didn't stop the "gentlemen" from enforcing the twisted idea of "prima nocte" on the Scottish and Irish populations which really pissed them off creating men who would rebel like William Wallace.

What's your evidence for the idea that "prima nocte" ever existed as a custom?  I hope it's not Mel Gibson's movies.  I've read that "prima nocte" is a bunch of hogwash. 

Yeah that was made up.
I figured as such myself, i just kinda threw that out there. But British agggression is well documented through history enough to realize what they've been up to without mad Mel and hollywierd to give us any history lessons.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Why was England so interested in conquering Ireland? - by alaric - 07-25-2009, 09:45 AM