Angel Food
A mom from a mom's group I belong to posted something about this organization. I had never heard of them but thought since times are tough, I would post the link for families trying to look for ways to save. Gives you another option. It also looks like they are all over.

It is not a handout she said. It is just a cheaper way to get food. Some of it looks pre-packaged but the meat box looks like a good deal. I have never tried the food but the mom swears it is good.

Just thought I would post! :)

http://www.angelfoodministries.com/
I hate to say this -

I'm sorry, but I kinda have to -

:-[

These people used to be really good - and they've honestly helped a lot of people.

But I remember a few years ago either they or their son got in a lot of trouble for taking hundreds of thousands of dollars out of the donations that people had given them.

I don't know if they've cleaned up their act or not. I hope they have.

So, look at their offers, and use what you can, but try not to donate without really finding out where it's going.

...sorry.
:-[
libby... thanks for posting. I know nothing about the ministry.

Is it bad to admit that I never thought to give to them? I was just posting because the mom was raving about the savings and I have seen some threads when things might be getting lean for some families.

I tend to not give charity to organizations. I have worked for a bunch of non-profits and have gotten burned :bonfire:

I give directly to people in need or I give to my Church or give my time and prayers.

(07-26-2009, 10:13 PM)leome Wrote: libby... thanks for posting. I know nothing about the ministry.

Is it bad to admit that I never thought to give to them? I was just posting because the mom was raving about the savings and I have seen some threads when things might be getting lean for some families.

I tend to not give charity to organizations. I have worked for a bunch of non-profits and have gotten burned :bonfire:

I give directly to people in need or I give to my Church or give my time and prayers.

That's what I do too!

:)

I don't want to seem like I don't trust anyone - and it was wonderful that you posted this!

But I just didn't know how it worked, and I didn't want anyone to get burned either.

Thanks, Leome!

:)