How Would You Act as Pope?
I would definitely meet with Catholic secular leaders, wanting to promote cooperation between various Catholic leaders to address certain issues (i.e. social justice type of things) and trying to get their input on how the Vatican can help strengthen the Catholic position in their countries. I could perhaps host a meeting every other year or something of Catholic heads of state and important political figures.
I guess I would have to go with Pope Joan for a name.
(07-27-2009, 10:37 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: I guess I would have to go with Pope Joan for a name.
:)
Sorry, when your primary concern as pope stems primarily from satorial concerns all I can say is, there is clearly a difference between "act[ing] as Pope" and actually being Pope.
(07-27-2009, 11:49 PM)DarkKnight Wrote: Sorry, when your primary concern as pope stems primarily from satorial concerns all I can say is, there is clearly a difference between "act[ing] as Pope" and actually being Pope.

Are you referring to me? If so, please explain what you mean.
Your opening paragraph makes my point:
Quote:This question arises from a discussion on Catholic Answers. Like, if you were Pope, how would you behave? For me, I think I would be very low-key and casual about it. For example, I would probably do away with the all white garb and, instead, simply wear a black cassock or simar with white piping and a white sash around the waist so I'd look like any other Bishop except for the color of the piping and sash (white instead of purple).

You're more concerned with your wardrobe than discerning God's will.
(07-27-2009, 11:58 PM)DarkKnight Wrote: Your opening paragraph makes my point:

I don't think anyone here has any chance of becoming pope and that is why the responses have such a wide range.
(07-28-2009, 12:16 AM)Rosarium Wrote:
(07-27-2009, 11:58 PM)DarkKnight Wrote: Your opening paragraph makes my point:

I don't think anyone here has any chance of becoming pope and that is why the responses have such a wide range.

I wouldn't say that. I am going into the Priesthood (Church willing at least).
(07-27-2009, 06:19 AM)nsper7 Wrote: This question arises from a discussion on Catholic Answers. Like, if you were Pope, how would you behave? For me, I think I would be very low-key and casual about it. For example, I would probably do away with the all white garb and, instead, simply wear a black cassock or simar with white piping and a white sash around the waist so I'd look like any other Bishop except for the color of the piping and sash (white instead of purple).

Also, I wouldn't want people kissing my Ring. I'd shake hands, hug people, even kiss people on the cheek and such. I really wouldn't want people falling all over themselves for me. Just thought it would be interesting to hear how others would act if they were Pope.

I give thanks to God, that such things are not my responsibility. My favorite saint is Celestine V, who resigned from papacy.
(07-27-2009, 07:30 AM)nsper7 Wrote: And I'd be just as blunt with SSPX: either accept the Church, Vatican 2 and all, or you're in schism.
And then you'd be in schism and we could all laugh about how sorry a "Pope" you;d been.