How Would You Act as Pope?
(07-28-2009, 07:33 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote:
(07-28-2009, 07:31 PM)Rosarium Wrote:
Quote:And how am I limiting people in terms of Rites? As I said, I would elevate the TLM to the Ordinary Form (along with the Mass of Pope Paul VI; basically, two OFs: NO and TLM) and would promote clergy being able to celebrate both the NO and the TLM and I would promote a more widespread use of the TLM in parishes. Also, I would promote use of the Anglican Use Rite. How am I limiting Rites here? There would be a lot more TLM usage under my tutelage.
You are forbidding the rite from being used in many countries based solely on geography.

That's the other guy - NonSumDignus.

Whoops. Thanks for the correction.
Quote:...exactly what does that mean? What do you think the SSPX has to do?

1) Publicly acknowledge that the Second Vatican Council and the Mass of Pope Paul VI are valid
2) Publicly renounce sedevacantism and
3) Publicly affirm their obedience to the Church and the Pope
(07-28-2009, 08:22 PM)nsper7 Wrote:

1) Publicly acknowledge that the Second Vatican Council and the Mass of Pope Paul VI are valid

They already did 1 and 2, and 3 they did, but some actions of theirs, the ordinations only I think, violate that. So basically, they have to stop ordaining people without permission...so, why not just give them permission?
(07-28-2009, 08:48 PM)Rosarium Wrote:

They already did 1 and 2, and 3 they did, but some actions of theirs, the ordinations only I think, violate that. So basically, they have to stop ordaining people without permission...so, why not just give them permission?

Then why weren't they back in full communion before the ordinations? I thought they are still refusing to accept VII and the NO Mass.

I suppose that you missed my previous post in this regard … The SSPX, as Rosarium says, already acknowledges the validity of Vatican II and that of the New Mass; and the Society cannot renounce what it does not hold, viz., sedevacantism, which it has always denounced, having systematically ejected priests who adhered to it.

Are you actually familiar with the issues at hand? ???
(07-28-2009, 09:05 PM)veritatem_dilexisti Wrote:

I suppose that you missed my previous post in this regard … The SSPX, as Rosarium says, already acknowledges the validity of Vatican II and that of the New Mass; and the Society cannot renounce what it does not hold, viz., sedevacantism, which it has always denounced, having systematically ejected priests who adhered to it.

Are you actually familiar with the issues at hand? ???

I thought the VII and NO Mass were the major issues. The current Pope lifted the excommunications against the four Bishops, but that was over ordination issues. Please explain why there is still a problem if they have recanted their issues?
(07-28-2009, 09:10 PM)nsper7 Wrote: I thought the VII and NO Mass were the major issues. The current Pope lifted the excommunications against the four Bishops, but that was over ordination issues. Please explain why there is still a problem if they have recanted their issues?

The validity of the council and mass are not issues.

I don't think you understand the problem...
(07-28-2009, 09:13 PM)Rosarium Wrote:
(07-28-2009, 09:10 PM)nsper7 Wrote: I thought the VII and NO Mass were the major issues. The current Pope lifted the excommunications against the four Bishops, but that was over ordination issues. Please explain why there is still a problem if they have recanted their issues?

Now I am confused. If they accept VII and the NO Mass and are willing to submit themselves to the Church and the Pope, then what *is* the problem?
(07-28-2009, 09:15 PM)nsper7 Wrote: Now I am confused. If they accept VII and the NO Mass and are willing to submit themselves to the Church and the Pope, then what *is* the problem?

It is for the other forum, which contains all SSPX issues :)

Post it there, rather than on this thread. You'll get the situation explained much better there. While people's opinions vary, the situation is easy to explain, but it should be done in the forum for SSPX discussions.
(07-28-2009, 09:15 PM)nsper7 Wrote:
(07-28-2009, 09:13 PM)Rosarium Wrote:

Now I am confused. If they accept VII and the NO Mass and are willing to submit themselves to the Church and the Pope, then what *is* the problem?

Holiness, you might want to surround yourself with better advisers.  Just sayin.