Pope defrocks priest over 'visions' at Medjugorje
The Daily Mail is a trashy rag and their writers always seem to distort the facts with their own personal slant.  Is there a better source for this, something from the Vatican?  

For example, I looked for the ban on pilgrimages and it doesn't exist.  Because these visions have been neither proven nor disproven, the Church cannot sanction "official" pilgrimages, as organized by a parish or with a bishop, or it will mean they are accepting the visions officially, which they cannot do.  On the other hand, I quote...

"Speaking on Aug. 21st 1996 in Rome Vatican Press Office spokesman, Dr. Joaquin Navarro-Valls, sought to clarify the status of pilgrimages to Medjugorje. He noted,

"You cannot say people cannot go there until it has been proven false. This has not been said, so anyone can go if they want ... "

Source:    http://www.ewtn.com/library/issues/medjvat.htm

I'm certainly not a fan of this place and wouldn't go myself, but it irks me when someone twists the news.  ...and they say FOX news is bad?  

Calicatholic

Messages In This Thread
Re: Pope defrocks priest over 'visions' at Medjugorje - by calicatholic - 07-27-2009, 10:27 AM