Pope defrocks priest over 'visions' at Medjugorje
I'd also like to see another source.  I believe that the article is correct in reporting that the said priest has left (or been removed from) the priesthood, however, I don't necessarily believe the reason for his defrocking was related directly to the visions at Medjugorje.  The article also mentioned allegations of sexual immorality and refusal to participate with a Vatican investigation (either of of which could lead to defrocking).  The article is also not consistent.  The second last paragraph said "he as chosen to leave the priesthood and his order".  A priest requesting laicization is quite different than the Vatican throwing the hammer down upon him.  The last paragraph also is not relevant to the particular case, and shows the author's inherent bias.

Personally, I do not believe the apparitions of Medjugorje and would probably agree with the author's claims.  However, if we're going to get excited about this article and spread the word around, then we better have accurate information.  If the information is inaccurate, and he left willingly, then its possible that the Vatican won't explicitly condemn Medjugorje anytime soon.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Pope defrocks priest over 'visions' at Medjugorje - by Historian - 07-27-2009, 06:48 PM