Pope defrocks priest over 'visions' at Medjugorje
It is just too much hoola hoop happy horse hockey for me.
tim
(07-28-2009, 11:19 PM)Baskerville Wrote: To bad the Medjagoogoos wont stop. That thing is a major cult. I had a guy once give a Medjegore(SP) rosary that was blessed by this very Priest and the dude was all starry eyed like he was passing out Holy relics. I said that the Vatican was against this. And was told that the vatican is wrong. It wont stop unless that place is bombed.

Well, we've all said the Vatican is wrong from time to time.
(07-29-2009, 01:32 PM)DrBombay Wrote:
(07-28-2009, 11:19 PM)Baskerville Wrote: To bad the Medjagoogoos wont stop. That thing is a major cult. I had a guy once give a Medjegore(SP) rosary that was blessed by this very Priest and the dude was all starry eyed like he was passing out Holy relics. I said that the Vatican was against this. And was told that the vatican is wrong. It wont stop unless that place is bombed.

Yeah, but we were right!
(07-29-2009, 06:00 PM)DarkKnight Wrote:

Yeah, but we were right!

I was.  You weren't.  :pointlaff:

True but the Medjagoogoo that I know says the Vatican is covering it up because they dont want Mary's messages getting to the public, real tin foil hat stuff. Not just criticising the Mass or the New Encyclicle.
(07-30-2009, 01:03 AM)Baskerville Wrote:

True but the Medjagoogoo that I know says the Vatican is covering it up because they dont want Mary's messages getting to the public, real tin foil hat stuff. Not just criticising the Mass or the New Encyclicle.

Check the fruits of visions/vissionaries.....Fatima/La Salette/Lourdes vs Medj, big difference.......

Some were critical of Garabandal as the girls,esp Conchita married instead of going into Nunnery, but marriage/child raising is no less honorable a state.........though some feel it is I have talked to.....
Maybe Father Tomislav Vladic can join the Jesuits, out here'd they'd hardly notice his irregularities.
Interesting analysis, indicating that the censure and the phenomenon were intertwined: http://v-forvictory.blogspot.com/, excerpted below:
"--Since the study by the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith was done in the context of the Medjugorje phenomenon; the offenses which Vlašić was alleged to have committed were described as having "mystical motivations"; and Vlašić has been explicitly ordered, upon pain of excommunication, not to make any public pronouncements on the subject of Medjugorje, it is clear that, as far as the Holy See is concerned, Vlašić is not and cannot be dissociated from Medjugorje, however much the Medjugorje people would like him to be"