Sweets
Was it 'spensive sending a package of cookies?
Hmmm - you are all making me hungry.  :eats: :eats: :eats: :eats:

I make cookies like this - they are excellent!!!

[Image: doublechoc_b_lg.jpg]
(08-07-2009, 09:40 PM)Joamy Wrote: Hmmm - you are all making me hungry.   :eats: :eats: :eats: :eats:

I make cookies like this - they are excellent!!!

[Image: doublechoc_b_lg.jpg]

What is that, chocolate with peanut butter chips? Butterscotch? Toffee?

We need a Cookie Exchange, for sure.
(08-07-2009, 08:56 PM)Satori Wrote: Was it 'spensive sending a package of cookies?

I don't know, since the guys never said;  they were too busy tearing into the care packages.
(08-07-2009, 04:09 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: At the risk of sounding like DrBombay, I object to coconut and raisins in cookies.  They's icky.  Cornflakes, however, I support.  Anything that introduces cookies into breakfast is fine by me.

Cookies are easy to mail, actually.  As long as they have some kind of structure that wouldn't be destroyed by the USPS.  When my oldest brother went off to college, my mom used to mail him a box of chocolate chip cookies every month.  She'd just pack a box full of them and tape the lid tightly closed, then drop it in the post.  Some concessions need to be made for more delicate cookies, including tissue paper or wadded-up wax paper.

I've mailed many a cookie to friends.  Sometimes I pack in a gift bag, sometimes a cookie tin or plastic facsimile, but always with a sturdy cardboard box and plenty of padding.

I've shipped sugar cookies, brownies, blondies, and pig cookies.  All did well, according to my experimental subjects, I mean friends.
(08-07-2009, 09:46 PM)Satori Wrote: What is that, chocolate with peanut butter chips? Butterscotch? Toffee?

We need a Cookie Exchange, for sure.

Double chocolate  - chocolate cookies (like a chocolate chip cookie) with chocolate chips.. walnuts are optional if you like nuts in cookies (Doc better not start on that one.)
I love nuts. Nuts, nuts, nuts. Nuts in my cookies, nuts in my belly. Nuts in anything!

Sooo, will someone tell me about how much it costs to send a wisely wrapped package of cookies to another state?

Modified to add: I forgot to mention that I just took a loaf of chocolate banana bread out of the oven -- had to use up two big overripe nanners. Boy, does it ever smell good, but I haven't tasted it yet so can't tell you if it was a success.
Wish I could remember but I don't think it was more than a few buckeroos.
(08-08-2009, 08:52 PM)Satori Wrote: I love nuts. Nuts, nuts, nuts. Nuts in my cookies, nuts in my belly. Nuts in anything!

Sooo, will someone tell me about how much it costs to send a wisely wrapped package of cookies to another state?

Modified to add: I forgot to mention that I just took a loaf of chocolate banana bread out of the oven -- had to use up two big overripe nanners. Boy, does it ever smell good, but I haven't tasted it yet so can't tell you if it was a success.

Well, if someone can figure out how to ship stuff, I'm on for a cookie exchange. 

I can smell your chocolate banana bread all the way over here in North Dakota.  It makes me want to dig out my recipe for black bottom banana bars.
It's delicious, this bread. And tonight I'm going to try a sort of lemon mousse thing. Can't ship that, I'm afraid.

What's a black bottom banana bar? I like the alliteration!