Western girls converting to Islam.......
(08-01-2009, 06:28 PM)Baskerville Wrote: In my expierience young people want a strong faith. Despite what the media and Catholic Church would have us believe they want absolutes i.e. Islam. Catholicism and mainline Protestantism are just jokes teetering on the edge of collapse. Until we get a Pope who wont ask a saint to bless Islam our greatest enemy or pray in mosques this shite will continue we need leaders who are not little girly men, full of PC and corruption. If you dont want that the Catholic Church is not the place to look. I have several friends who have become evangelicals because as one of them said the Catholic Church doesnt believe Christ is the only way. And that is true it doesnt anymore so why stick with it when you can go somewhere that has an absolute faith which is what young people yern for. Instead they go to Mass in a Church that looks like a whitewashed garage and here about how great Protestants are from the gay Priest who quotes rabbis and famous Imams in his sermon and then you sing a hymn by Martin Luther. The problem is the Catholic Church doesnt stand for anything but covering up for its gay Priests and making money anymore.

You'll insult the Church, say She's fallen (meaning She's made Christ a liar), and you'll insult the Church...
but you won't type "shit"?.

Why are you on these boards? 
(08-01-2009, 06:37 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote:
(08-01-2009, 06:28 PM)Baskerville Wrote: In my expierience young people want a strong faith. Despite what the media and Catholic Church would have us believe they want absolutes i.e. Islam. Catholicism and mainline Protestantism are just jokes teetering on the edge of collapse. Until we get a Pope who wont ask a saint to bless Islam our greatest enemy or pray in mosques this shite will continue we need leaders who are not little girly men, full of PC and corruption. If you dont want that the Catholic Church is not the place to look. I have several friends who have become evangelicals because as one of them said the Catholic Church doesnt believe Christ is the only way. And that is true it doesnt anymore so why stick with it when you can go somewhere that has an absolute faith which is what young people yern for. Instead they go to Mass in a Church that looks like a whitewashed garage and here about how great Protestants are from the gay Priest who quotes rabbis and famous Imams in his sermon and then you sing a hymn by Martin Luther. The problem is the Catholic Church doesnt stand for anything but covering up for its gay Priests and making money anymore.

You'll insult the Church, say She's fallen (meaning She's made Christ a liar), and you'll insult the Church...

Shit shit shit. Happy?

I didnt mean the Church in general but the conciliar Church, it still exists just fine in the SSPX but as far as the Vatican goes its a limp noodle That cares only about Political correctness politics and money.

To be honest I dont know I just like talking to other Catholics. Why are you.
(08-01-2009, 06:46 PM)Baskerville Wrote:

Shit shit shit. Happy?

I didnt mean the Church in general but the conciliar Church, it still exists just fine in the SSPX but as far as the Vatican goes its a limp noodle That cares only about Political correctness politics and money.

You should be more accurate in your statements, then, because it does look like you meant the Church in general.  
(08-01-2009, 06:49 PM)Baskerville Wrote:

To be honest I dont know I just like talking to other Catholics. Why are you.

I like the discussions, and the people.

Your initial statement sounded like you didn't believe Catholicism was true, or that the Church had defected.  So, it was only natural to question why someone who attacked the Church would be on a tradCath board.
(08-01-2009, 06:49 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote:
(08-01-2009, 06:46 PM)Baskerville Wrote:

Shit shit shit. Happy?

You should be more accurate in your statements, then, because it does look like you meant the Church in general.  

If I would have been more accurate and said Conciliar Church or something then I would have got pounced on by someone for saying that. Blah.
(08-01-2009, 12:38 AM)Matthew_R Wrote: Time for another battle of Lepanto.

Ave Maria, Gratia Plena
Dominus Tecum, Benedica tu in mulieribus,
et benidictus, fructus, ventris tui, Iesus

Sancta Maria, Mater Dei
Ora Pro Nobis Peccatoribus
Nunc et in hora mortis nostrae
Amen

Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God
That we may be worthy of the promises of Christ

We beseech the O Virgin of Virgins and Mother of our Redeemer
Protect us from all harm and defend us and our kinsfolk from the errors and evils of the Islamic religion.
We trust in thee, as the sailors at Lepanto on 7 October 1571 A.D. and we pray today for a victory against the evils and malice
that these people intend for us. Intercede on our behalf, O Mother of our Lord and pray that this threat be vanquished once and for all.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.
Amen.

I give a great big "Amen" to that. Our Lady Queen of Angels, ora pro nobis.