Why do so many Catholics drop the ball when it comes to EENS?
(08-02-2009, 08:25 AM)glgas Wrote:
(08-02-2009, 06:29 AM)veritatem_dilexisti Wrote:
(08-01-2009, 09:38 PM)Stubborn Wrote: Fr. Feeney once said that the denial of that one dogma would be the main cause of the loss of faith, and he said that some +60 years ago.

How right he was. As I have written elsewhere, it is once EENS had been properly explained to me that I came to understand why I could no longer be a liberal/libertarian, nor accept oecumenism and inter-religious dialogue; it is then that I perceived I ought to strive for the Social Kingship of Christ.

EENS is the keystone.

Father Feeney was condemned by the Holy in 1953, and he reconciled with the Church only in 1979. Is he the keystone of the disobedience of the Church?

Please do not commit the genetic fallacy; it is simply clear that, whatever his status, Fr Feeney was right when he said that, and that he has been vindicated by the facts.

Regarding his reconciliation, allow me to quote myself:

(07-24-2009, 10:56 PM)veritatem_dilexisti Wrote: Fr Feeney was reconciled in 1972, without having to recant the strict interpretation of EENS, and, as a profession of faith (since one may choose from the creeds of the Church), he recited the Athanasian Creed: "Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the Catholic faith; which faith except every one do keep whole and undefiled, without doubt he shall perish everlastingly. … He therefore that will be saved must thus think of the Trinity. Furthermore it is necessary to everlasting salvation that he also believe rightly the incarnation of our Lord Jesus Christ. … This is the Catholic faith, which except a man believe faithfully he cannot be saved."

His memorial Mass was celebrated by Bp Flanagan in the Cathedral of St Paul, Worcester.

Besides, the exclusivist interpretation of EENS and an understanding of its importance were conveyed to me by a French SSPX brother without reference to Fr Feeney, who is basically unheard of in France.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Why do so many Catholics drop the ball when it comes to EENS? - by veritatem_dilexisti - 08-02-2009, 08:37 AM