Why do so many Catholics drop the ball when it comes to EENS?
I have had deep religious discussions with very pious and devoted Mormons.  Very often I found myself deliberately highlighting all of the apparent similarities between the LDS and the RCC.  The first time I did this, however, one of the Mormons said that, while he didn't want to be confrontational, both of our churches could not be the True Church.  Then he challenged me to read the Book of Mormon and ask God to reveal to me if it is truly what it claims to be.  Later, while thinking back on our discussion, I was struck by how much I wanted it both ways, by how much I wanted their church to be true.  I was stunned that I could think this way while being fully certain that mine was the True Church and theirs was some kind of lie.  Furthermore, I find myself not wanting to convert my neighbors to the Faith, thinking it would bring disaster to their lives which seem so good and wholesome.  Yet, simultaneously I REALLY would like them to be Catholic because I KNOW their religion is false.  Yet I also have no fear for their salvation... I guess I just want them to be Catholic because being Catholic is like one of the highest goods or something.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Why do so many Catholics drop the ball when it comes to EENS? - by Zakhur - 08-02-2009, 05:16 PM