Why do so many Catholics drop the ball when it comes to EENS?
(08-07-2009, 01:22 AM)James02 Wrote:
Quote: Well certainly we are all predestined for heaven - to think otherwise makes God out to be a very mean God. After all, the very reason He made us is to know love and serve him here so we can be happy with him in Heaven.

Certainly "God desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth" but we have to put forth some effort or we should expect to face God's wrath when we meet Him.
This is not true.  If we were all predestined for heaven, we would all go to heaven.  The reason God is not a "very mean" God is because He also gives us free will.  This is the main problem with Calvinists.  They DO believe that God is Moloch since they deny free will.  To them, God creates the reprobate to damn them.

Yes I agree.

I was not referring to the presumptuousness "Protestant doctrine" in the matter of Predestination. I used a bad choice of words. Sorry about that.

What I mean to say is we are all created for heaven, which is not to say we are "predestined" and will absolutely go there. 

Anyway, sometimes it seems like the only ones destined for hell are EENSers. Amazing.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Why do so many Catholics drop the ball when it comes to EENS? - by Stubborn - 08-07-2009, 08:03 AM