Why do so many Catholics drop the ball when it comes to EENS?
(08-08-2009, 06:54 PM)PeterII Wrote:
Quote:The problem here is that Baptism was not a requirement in the OT. Our Lord did not make Baptism with water a requirement until before He ascended into Heaven.

That's not theologically sound.  The consensus is that Christ instituted Baptism before the Passion. It would not make sense to institute the priesthood and the Eucharist at the Last Supper before Baptism.  Besides, the example of Cornelius is in the Acts of the Apostles. 

I understand what you're saying and I agree with that the consensus.

Perhaps this will better explain my thoughts here:
vs 269 The Sacrament was instituted at Christ's own Baptism from St. John the Baptist.
vs 270 Christ, after his own Baptism, conferred it also on his Precursor and Baptist. It was He that instituted this Sacrament afterwards, as He made it a general law and enjoined the public ministration of it upon the Apostles after the Resurrection.  (Taken from Book one, chapter 24 (starts on pg 245) of The Transfixion
http://www.themostholyrosary.com/mystical-city.htm ~ The Mystical City of God)

Tho there is nothing binding in, The Mystical City of God was found to "contain nothing objectionable" to the Faith in it. Pope Innocent XI was the first Holy Father to give his official approval to The Mystical City of God in 1686.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Why do so many Catholics drop the ball when it comes to EENS? - by Stubborn - 08-08-2009, 10:13 PM