An Outlook on the upcoming Doctrinal Talks between SSPX and the Vatican
First of all, I think St Anthanasius differed from Lefabvre substantially. The former did not caused a schism in the Church.

Second, I think AntoniusMaximus has brought up some good observations about the serious consequences for the Church if Vatican II has erred in the 'light of Tradition". It is my view that  Vatican II was 'the Church in proceeding', and therefore an event in 'the light of Tradition' in the history of the Church. Any subsequent proclamations made by Vatican II have to be 'in the light of Tradition' because it was so from the beginning. If one claims that it was not, then the Church has to be 'in rupture' prior to and at the beginning of Vatican II. This lead to a very disturbing question (and a contradiction): if the Church has not being in continuity, now or in the past, which is the true Church? The protestant-reformers have every right to claim theirs are true churches!

Messages In This Thread
Re: An Outlook on the upcoming Doctrinal Talks between SSPX and the Vatican - by iggyting - 08-02-2009, 01:54 AM