An Outlook on the upcoming Doctrinal Talks between SSPX and the Vatican
(08-01-2009, 11:14 PM)Baskerville Wrote: As one who thinks Lefabvre is the modern Athanasius I agree. When these talks are done if and thats a big if the Vatican is honest it is going to throw mud all over the past 50 years of the Church and especialy Paul VI and JPII which is why I dont think the Vatican will be honest they can not admit that JPII ever did anything wrong. Including the current Pope.

I couldn't agree with you more, Baskerville.  I also think that His Late Excellency Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre to be a modern St. Athanasius (one of my all-time favorite saints!).  I believe that when the Church finally finds her identity once more, the papacies of Popes Paul VI and John Paul II are going to be held under a strong lense.  I also think that Archbishop Lefebvre, due to his courageous stand concerning Tradition and his obvious love for Holy Mother Church, will be declared a Doctor of the Church - maybe even one day a saint.

I hope that these "talks" between the SSPX and the hierarchy in Rome will begin to resolve the vast problems, ambiguities and outright errors of the Second Vatican Council.  I pray that the Holy Ghost is working strongly during these talks - that the hierarchs in Rome will see that the last 40+ years of the new regime have been a departure from tradition - and most importantly the Mass!  The Holy Mass is the most important thing in the life of a Catholic - and the acceptance of a pre-heretical rite and the unlawful suppression of the true Latin Rite have been most dispicable.  It is truly the New Mass that has caused the decay in modern Christianity --- and Vatican II somewhat allowed the New Mass to be formed, under the declaration "UPDATE."

Messages In This Thread
Re: An Outlook on the upcoming Doctrinal Talks between SSPX and the Vatican - by Nic - 08-02-2009, 08:18 AM