An Outlook on the upcoming Doctrinal Talks between SSPX and the Vatican
Quote: James02, my concern is unity in the Church and be faithful to the one true and holy Catholic Church. The problem with Vatican II was not that it is a 'false' council but with how the declarations of the council were distorted or misunderstood or misapplied. I agree that some bishops succumbed to Modernist tendencies and relativism. They were just poor servants of Christ. I do feel that matters will resolved within the Church with time and perspectives, as in the past. I do not want to get into details of differences or argue 'hot and cold' over who is right or wrong. Yeah, I do think some things should be better explained or done and some bishops should have the courage to defend the Church.

You didn't answer my question.

gglas,
Jesus and His Church also said you need to be baptized to be saved.  A bishop preaching otherwise is an heretic.  This is also proven by the fact that the American bishops had to remove a section from their catechism that said the Old Covenant of Moses can still save you.  Now when it comes to individuals, I judge no one.  God can baptize them, even water baptism, and you would not see it.

Messages In This Thread
Re: An Outlook on the upcoming Doctrinal Talks between SSPX and the Vatican - by James02 - 08-02-2009, 08:26 PM