Should We Make The Sign Of The Cross After Receiving Holy Communion?
I have always done this but I have noticed that not all traditional Catholics do the same. Should we do it or not? Is it optional? Just curious.

Cheers!
Sure.

(08-01-2009, 11:36 PM)BrevisVir55 Wrote: I have always done this but I have noticed that not all traditional Catholics do the same. Should we do it or not? Is it optional? Just curious.

Cheers!

Making the sign of the cross after receiving Holy Communion is definitely optional.
(08-01-2009, 11:36 PM)BrevisVir55 Wrote: I have always done this but I have noticed that not all traditional Catholics do the same. Should we do it or not? Is it optional? Just curious.

Cheers!
I never actually thought about this before.

It was drilled into us by nuns and Italian housewives that this is how it's done when we were preparing for First Communion. There was no option given.

I guess that's what makes me a cradle Catholic. Certain things are just done because!
you can never make enough signs of the cross as I see it.
(08-02-2009, 01:39 AM)AntoniusMaximus Wrote: you can never make enough signs of the cross as I see it.

That's right!!!    :pray2:  :thumb:
(08-02-2009, 01:39 AM)AntoniusMaximus Wrote: you can never make enough signs of the cross as I see it.

Indeed

I never did so. I was raised to make the sign of cross when I start a prayer, or ne part of it, when I pass a cross or Church
I had First Communion training during the 1963-64 school year.  I remember as a second-grader thinking reception of the Precious Body and Blood was an opportune time to make the Sign of the Cross, but our Vatican I-trained nun disabused us of the notion.  As I recall, her reasoning was something along the lines of "you're receiving your Savior Himself--Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity--so there's no need to bless yourself with the Sign of the Cross. 
May the Body of Our Lord Jesus Christ preserve my soul unto life everlasting in the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.