Where to buy a true Spanish Crucifix?
[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]My friend is interested in purchasing a Spanish Crucifix for a friend of ours for her birthday that is coming up, but I have not had much luck in finding anything to buy that looks anything like these...[/size][/size][/size][/size]

[Image: Jesus%2BCrusified.jpg]

[Image: crucifix0001tb8.jpg]

[Image: jesus-crucified.jpg]

[Image: A020_OurLordScourged005.jpg]

[Image: scourge1.jpg]

[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]Does anyone know of a place where one looking like these could be obtained?[/size][/size][/size][/size]
Try Halo-Works:

http://www.halo-works.com/c=C7QJKgiWzXE0...rucifixes/
The first crucifix you have pictured there is made by the Alexandria Carmel in SD.

http://db.religiouslife.com/reg_life/irl.nsf/org/166

They, the Brooklyn Carmel, and the Buffalo Carmel make them. They are $80. They take a long time because the sisters only make them at recreation. I would suggest writing a Carmel that has many sisters because it will likely get made faster (Buffalo and Alexandria have a more than Brooklyn). Each of those Carmel's I mention here has the molds, but they only make them for the individual order (Alexandria and Buffalo might have some already made though in their gift shop). So you would have to write them (which takes a while) and then find out if the price has changed, and then wait for them to mold it and paint it which might take many recreations IF they don't have some already made. Alexandria is the most likely to have some already made.

:D
Take a trip to Mexico and you'll find some reasonably-priced crucifixes in that style that are pretty nice.

Of course the cost of the plane ticket might make that a little expensive but I figure an excuse to go to Mexico City and see the old Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe wouldn't be unwelcome.
(08-02-2009, 10:09 AM)KnightOfTheImmaculata Wrote: Does anyone know of a place where one looking like these could be obtained?

Spain?