Nostra Aetate and Islam
(08-12-2009, 09:07 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: no you are wrong the orhtodox have whats called new calendar and old calendar.
look up the difference. i have known new calendar orhodox that puts some novus ordite liberals i knew to shame with how far they didn't give a shit.
the orthodox never had the power to excommunicate the pope.
your wrong there too.

I am not talking about Catholic Orthodox / Eastern rites.  I am talking about the Apostolic Churches of Greece, Russia, Egypt etc.  Prior to the Great Schism the Eastern lung of the Church  had their own leader, the elder bishop Cerularius (rather than infallible Pope).  The Pope's representative, Cardinal Humbert, excommunicated Cerularius, while Cerularius in return excommunicated Cardinal Humbert and other legates ....look it up !
ok but the point is the pope is the boss so the orthodox got the thumpin
look that up
(08-12-2009, 09:18 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: ok but the point is the pope is the boss so the orthodox got the thumpin
look that up

Amen, the Pope is boss...that is why I am Roman Catholic.  However, we can learn much from the East  :pray2:

A degree of research into the Greek and Russian Orthodox will lead one to understand they have clung fast to the Tradition handed down to them.  Their monasteries are thriving at this very time !

look the thread u started isnt about how cool or rad or trad or tough or hard the ruskie or greek orthodox are. so drop it
start another thread on it.
lets stick with this one shall we
(08-12-2009, 09:24 PM)Psalm26 Wrote: Amen, the Pope is boss...that is why I am Roman Catholic.  However, we can learn much from the East  :pray2:

A degree of research into the Greek and Russian Orthodox will lead one to understand they have clung fast to the Tradition handed down to them.  Their monasteries are thriving at this very time !

They reject the sanctity of marriage and allowe married people to commit adultry with their blessing.
ouch!
(08-12-2009, 09:25 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: look the thread u started isnt about how cool or rad or trad or tough or hard the ruskie or greek orthodox are. so drop it
start another thread on it.
lets stick with this one shall we

Agreed  :)

I refute the claim that Catholics and Muslims worship the same God. We have never done so, nor will we do so.

What was the purpose of Nostre Aetate ?
yes u are correct we do not worship the same God. far from it.
the mohamadan worship a watered down moon goddess of ancient arabia. they are in no way even close to worshiping the true God.
the vII document was written to sow confusion and breed the smoke of satan within the church herself
(08-12-2009, 09:26 PM)Rosarium Wrote:
(08-12-2009, 09:24 PM)Psalm26 Wrote: Amen, the Pope is boss...that is why I am Roman Catholic.  However, we can learn much from the East  :pray2:

They reject the sanctity of marriage and allowe married people to commit adultry with their blessing.

They permit divorce under certain cirumstances - don't exagerate !

I disagree with the Orthodox in their ambiguous stance on divorce, contraception and other modern issues such as stem cell research.  That is why we need a Pope, that is why need a magesterium......still we can learn from them. The only reason why they have problems addressing modern issues is because they believe they can use the early Church Fathers writings in guidance for any modern situation.

No mater what you may believe of them, they don't claim that the Muslim God is the same as The Holy Triune God.

as an aside i believe the orthodox also are shady (polite euphemism) on abortion