Nostra Aetate and Islam
(08-12-2009, 09:38 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: as an aside i believe the orthodox also are shady (polite euphemism) on abortion

This is true.   It is unfair to slate them over this - read what Aquinas stated about the infusion of soul and when this takes place.  Aquinas would most likely take the Orthodox stance on this issue.  They don't do modern theology (nor take account of science)  ;)

We digress.....again
how can u possibly say what u just said and look yourself in the mirror?
sip sip
(08-12-2009, 09:43 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: how can u possibly say what u just said and look yourself in the mirror?
sip sip

St Aquinas may not have had a problem with abortion at an early stage.  Do you need me to quote? ...............
perhaps another thread about that would be in order
do tell> pls i would like to see the qoute
(08-12-2009, 09:49 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: perhaps another thread about that would be in order
do tell> pls i would like to see the qoute

He believed that the soul was infused after conception.  Thus to abort an an early stage would not be killing a soul.  He was wrong.

I am tired but will try an find the quote from summa. Please start a thead on it if you like ?

lad u got the qoute i cant just start the thread and wait for you>
now that would be silly
sips ip
(08-12-2009, 09:37 PM)Psalm26 Wrote:
(08-12-2009, 09:26 PM)Rosarium Wrote:
(08-12-2009, 09:24 PM)Psalm26 Wrote: Amen, the Pope is boss...that is why I am Roman Catholic.  However, we can learn much from the East  :pray2:

A degree of research into the Greek and Russian Orthodox will lead one to understand they have clung fast to the Tradition handed down to them.  Their monasteries are thriving at this very time !

They reject the sanctity of marriage and allowe married people to commit adultry with their blessing.

They permit divorce under certain cirumstances - don't exagerate !

Which means that objectively they are allowing married people to commit adultery with the 'blessing' of the Orthodox Church!
(08-12-2009, 10:03 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: lad u got the qoute i cant just start the thread and wait for you>
now that would be silly
sips ip

I can't find the chapter in summa  ???

Can this suffice for the time being ? http://bremlar.blogspot.com/2008/12/on-s...l-and.html
(08-12-2009, 10:07 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(08-12-2009, 09:37 PM)Psalm26 Wrote:
(08-12-2009, 09:26 PM)Rosarium Wrote:
(08-12-2009, 09:24 PM)Psalm26 Wrote: Amen, the Pope is boss...that is why I am Roman Catholic.  However, we can learn much from the East  :pray2:

A degree of research into the Greek and Russian Orthodox will lead one to understand they have clung fast to the Tradition handed down to them.  Their monasteries are thriving at this very time !

They reject the sanctity of marriage and allowe married people to commit adultry with their blessing.

They permit divorce under certain cirumstances - don't exagerate !

Which means that objectively they are allowing married people to commit adultery with the 'blessing' of the Orthodox Church!

Objectively yes
no i would like to chat about it with others more dense then me.