Nun chases armed burgler
I don't have time to follow this story today, but this is how we roll in Kansas City.

http://www.fox4kc.com/wdaf-nun-skyfox-ch...9633.story

Quote:Nun, SKYFOX Chase Armed Burglar
Meagan Kelleher, FOX 4 Web Producer
August 13, 2009

A nun was reportedly chasing an armed burglar from a home on Thursday morning near 24 Hwy and Noland Road. Independence Police said the nun was from the Sisters of St. Frances near the area.

SKYFOX is following the chase as police search for the suspect described as a white male with short hair, wearing khaki pants and a white shirt. He is 5'8" tall and in his 20s.

Prayers that everyone is safe and the perp is caught.
That is awesome, but I woulda' been a whole lot more impressed if sister had shot him...
Me too
That is one tough sister in the hood! It would have been more than comical if she has whacked him a few good ones and got him to tearfully confess.
tim
Is she a nun or sister? I would think a sister; nuns wouldn't normally have the chance to chase anyone.

I guess this should go with the hogtiers as proper treatment for bad guys.
Even cloistered nuns could leave for good cause.
My pal Rosarium, I'd say a sister as she was out working and not in the Convent a praying, but hey I can be corrected plus I grew up wit the sisters and not the nuns.The old story is the sisters are out and about and the nuns are cloistered, and some even discalced.
tim
Maybe she was a super holy bilocating nun who opened a can o' spiritual whoopass on a burgler. She was like "I'm in the cloister but I'm busting out a 2-4-1 just for you"

??? Whachu think?
(08-13-2009, 01:36 PM)spera Wrote: Maybe she was a super holy bilocating nun who opened a can o' spiritual whoopass on a burgler. She was like "I'm in the cloister but I'm busting out a 2-4-1 just for you"

??? Whachu think?

Seems most likely.

(08-13-2009, 01:13 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: Even cloistered nuns could leave for good cause.

True, but I said a nun wouldn't normally have the chance to do it, not that they couldn't.

(08-13-2009, 01:13 PM)timoose Wrote: My pal Rosarium, I'd say a sister as she was out working and not in the Convent a praying, but hey I can be corrected plus I grew up wit the sisters and not the nuns.The old story is the sisters are out and about and the nuns are cloistered, and some even discalced.
tim

Since I put value in facts, I'd take the article literally (I assume people mean what they say, unless there is a reason not to), but I'm very wary of people using such terms because I know how ignorant the masses are (although, they don't like to be told that, so I just humour them) so I do have my doubts, due to the frequent misuse of the terms.
Rosarium, I wasn't tweaking your nose, I was being obvious 's all. I agree with you; most folks don't know the diff any more no how. I just figure they are ignorant 100% americans 's all. Yet in the Realm of the Fisheaters that ain't so, uh uh no how.
tim