The Seventy Virgins of Islam
I saw this on another forum...

[Image: Islam00.png]

-Matt
The Seventy-One Virgins of Paradise, as far as I know, is not necessarily a common-held belief among Muslims and is not itself in the Qu'ran. The only citation I have ever seen of it is a very obscure from a very obscure relation of Mohammed in the Hadith.
(08-25-2009, 03:24 PM)WanderingPenitent Wrote: The Seventy-One Virgins of Paradise, as far as I know, is not necessarily a common-held belief among Muslims and is not itself in the Qu'ran. The only citation I have ever seen of it is a very obscure from a very obscure relation of Mohammed in the Hadith.

Yeah, but the uneducated suicide bombers don't know that.

"Hey kid, go blow yourself up for Islam"
"Why? What's in it for me?"
"Um...lots of virgins in Heaven"
"Yippee! *BOOM*"

(08-25-2009, 03:25 PM)Rosarium Wrote: Yeah, but the uneducated suicide bombers don't know that.

"Hey kid, go blow yourself up for Islam"
"Why? What's in it for me?"
"Um...lots of virgins in Heaven"
"Yippee! *BOOM*"

Although you're probably being tongue in cheek..... I don't think it's the "uneducated suicide bombers" who are the real problem. It's the educated extremists working their hyper-traditional Islamic fundamentalism into the culture that pose the biggest threat.

And the promise of some seventy virgins is probably less appealing to them than the prospect of an ultimate Ummah Wahida.
I reckon a lot of the people at the top of these movements probably don't even believe half of the things they tell the kids when they're getting 'em ready to die.
it's an ugly machine, full of manipulation and deceit. that's a part of what makes them so dangerous, imo, is that they're willing to lure and entrap their own, for sacrificial purposes, to advance their cause.
Maybe true but at least they let their chidren be born before they murder them.
(08-28-2009, 01:21 AM)Arun Wrote: I reckon a lot of the people at the top of these movements probably don't even believe half of the things they tell the kids when they're getting 'em ready to die.
it's an ugly machine, full of manipulation and deceit. that's a part of what makes them so dangerous, imo, is that they're willing to lure and entrap their own, for sacrificial purposes, to advance their cause.

I've always wondered why the ones that do blow themselves up never stop to wonder why, if the reward is so great, the people getting them to do it aren't doing it themselves.

I guess the same could be asked of our own leaders, though. It's always easier to send some poor kid out.
The virgins that await them are virgin male Orcs who are in the prison of Hell and know how to treat the weak little new comers,
(09-03-2009, 12:55 AM)Scipio_a Wrote: The virgins that await them are virgin male Orcs who are in the prison of Hell and know how to treat the weak little new comers,

:rofl: