Is it okay to put Anti-Protestant slogans for one's Facebook status?
Lately, I have taken to putting Anti-Protestant slogans on my Facebook status, for example:

[My name] thinks Sola Scriptura should be called Sola '*I*'ll-Do-Whatever-the-Hell-*I*-Want-because-Nobody-has-the-Authority-to-Tell-*Me*-My-Interpretation-of-Scripture-is-Wrong'.

OR

[My name] : if it weren't for the Catholic Church, then Protestants would not have a unifying doctrine, named: the Catholic Church is wrong. That is about the only thing every Protestant can agree on.

--------

I am thinking of putting up this slogan:

[My name] thinks Catholics trying to adopt Protestant theology or styles in the Church is like a healthy person asking to be injected with cancer cells.

----------

Are these kinds of slogans okay or am I entering into being lacking in charity? Lately, I have to admit my level of Anti-Protestantism is increase.
(08-26-2009, 04:40 PM)nsper7 Wrote: Lately, I have taken to putting Anti-Protestant slogans on my Facebook status, for example:

[My name] thinks Sola Scriptura should be called Sola '*I*'ll-Do-Whatever-the-Hell-*I*-Want-because-Nobody-has-the-Authority-to-Tell-*Me*-My-Interpretation-of-Scripture-is-Wrong'.

OR

[My name] : if it weren't for the Catholic Church, then Protestants would not have a unifying doctrine, named: the Catholic Church is wrong. That is about the only thing every Protestant can agree on.

--------

[My name] thinks Catholics trying to adopt Protestant theology or styles in the Church is like a healthy person asking to be injected with cancer cells.

----------

Are these kinds of slogans okay or am I entering into being lacking in charity? Lately, I have to admit my level of Anti-Protestantism is increase.

Lol.

If you're going into seminary, DON'T!  Or even if you're looking at going into seminary.
(08-26-2009, 04:42 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote:
(08-26-2009, 04:40 PM)nsper7 Wrote: Lately, I have taken to putting Anti-Protestant slogans on my Facebook status, for example:

OR

--------

----------

Lol.

If you're going into seminary, DON'T!  Or even if you're looking at going into seminary.

Why not? I am asking that honestly.
(08-26-2009, 04:51 PM)nsper7 Wrote:
(08-26-2009, 04:42 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote:

OR

--------

----------

Lol.

Why not? I am asking that honestly.

Well, I can't imagine it'd be a good thing to show any seminary-applicant-screening-people.  They might not like that. 

I think you need to think about why you want to post these.  Is it to rile people up?  Is it to make them question their beliefs?  Is it to lead them to the Church?  If the last one, how will it do so?

I feel you on being inflammatory on Facebook (I love doing it with politics.... om nom nom!), but sometimes it's better to be prudent, and not ...  stick your neck out too far, especially in things like this. 

As to a more in-depth answer...
If you apply to a NO seminary, they might not like it.  They might see it as needlessly inflammatory, and a sign of imprudence in thought, and an immaturity in dealing with other faiths (I don't believe that, but it might be an impediment for them...). 
The trad seminaries might see it, and might be turned off, just because it's not ... kosher, shall we say?

I would say don't do it, because it doesn't contribute positively to anything, and because, in the end, Facebook is a public platform (unless you're good with your privacy settings), and something seminary screeners will probably look at. 
If you have any protestant friends, don't. The one-liners you have there won't convince anyone the Catholic Church is right, and you may lose all further opportunities for their evangelization.
(08-26-2009, 04:40 PM)nsper7 Wrote: Are these kinds of slogans okay or am I entering into being lacking in charity? Lately, I have to admit my level of Anti-Protestantism is increase.
No. Yes.

I'm actually torn here. On one side, the only people that will see that stuff already know you, so they'll probably expect something of that sort anyway.

On the other, it is lacking in charity. And it's not going to open any dialogues with any Protestsants you may know. Look at the example of St Paul. Did he go to the public square in Athens and start telling folks they were idiots? Or did he comment on the statues, and how they were obviously religious, and now he's going to tell them about their unknown god?

You're also going to reinforce the-not-entirely-unreasonable belief that Trads are just negative and hateful. It's almost as if you can define a Trad by what he dislikes rather than what he likes. Go look up some of the writings of the Saints. Do they point to something good, or do they point out something bad to avoid?

If you're intent on being a priest, maybe it will work; Fred Phelps has done pretty good at Westboro Baptist (google 'em) preaching a gospel of hate.
My opinion is you are too focused on Protestantism. Do you really think your slogans will attract a Protestant to the Catholic Faith, or is this just a way to vent your frustration?
(08-26-2009, 05:52 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: My opinion is you are too focused on Protestantism. Do you really think your slogans will attract a Protestant to the Catholic Faith, or is this just a way to vent your frustration?

Exactly.  Things like this do nothing except to piss people off and give you a way to vent neither of which are Catholic virtues (though venting can be necessary for sanity, but it should be done prudently without scandalizing others).
Also, I think you should remove the slogans and statements, since I just noticed now you have already posted them, lol.

Gotta keep things clean, just in case.

You never know who's reading what
(08-26-2009, 05:57 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: Also, I think you should remove the slogans and statements, since I just noticed now you have already posted them, lol.

Gotta keep things clean, just in case.

You never know who's reading what

And who's caching what.