Obama to speak at Kennedy's "Catholic" Funeral.
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/...l#comments

I wonder if he'll use the death of Kennedy as a "crisis" to make the health care "reform" a top priority.

I can picture him saying the following: "Look at what will happen if we don't pass health care reform."

::)
(08-27-2009, 10:49 AM)LRThunder Wrote: I wonder if he'll use the death of Kennedy as a "crisis" to make the health care "reform" a top priority.

I can picture him saying the following: "Look at what will happen if we don't pass health care reform."

Actually the health reform has a cut off age of 59. Once your that age or older your basically on your own with your health. They are basically saying " once youve reached that age you had a good run at life and your not worth putting money into !"
(08-27-2009, 11:36 AM)SanctiDominici Wrote:
(08-27-2009, 10:49 AM)LRThunder Wrote: I wonder if he'll use the death of Kennedy as a "crisis" to make the health care "reform" a top priority.

Actually the health reform has a cut off age of 59. Once your that age or older your basically on your own with your health. They are basically saying " once youve reached that age you had a good run at life and your not worth putting money into !"

Not to derail the thread or anything, but I wonder if they'll go after the homeopathic sector so as to make that unavailable as well.

Oh, and Sen. Kennedy will get the Catholic funeral he deserves.  It will be as Catholic as he was.  ::)
Will this be the homily? As far as I know there's no part of a funeral Mass or any other Mass for that matter calling for a speach outside of the homily.

It really irritates me when so called "Catholic" funerals have eulogies.  A euology is perfectly acceptable before or after Mass but not during.
(08-27-2009, 11:45 AM)dymphna17 Wrote:
(08-27-2009, 11:36 AM)SanctiDominici Wrote:

Not to derail the thread or anything, but I wonder if they'll go after the homeopathic sector so as to make that unavailable as well.

Oh, and Sen. Kennedy will get the Catholic funeral he deserves.  It will be as Catholic as he was.  ::)

Nah, that would probably be denounced as homeophobia.  ;)
What can we expect.  Pols play fast and loose with the rules during life, and others pick up the ball to do the same after death.  This is what has become typical NO fashion.  Lord have mercy on the man's soul.

Joe
It wouldn't surprise me of Obama the muslim will receive Communion at that Mass as well.
(08-27-2009, 02:29 PM)CatholicThurifer Wrote: It wouldn't surprise me of Obama the muslim will receive Communion at that Mass as well.
I saw on the news that Obama was telling other countries that America is NOT a Christian country and shouldnt be considered one. He has some damn nerve! Dont get me started!

(08-27-2009, 02:30 PM)SanctiDominici Wrote: I saw on the news that Obama was telling other countries that America is NOT a Christian country and shouldnt be considered one. He has some damn nerve! Dont get me started!

Article 11 of the Treat of Tripoli, unanimously advised and consented to by the US Senate on 7 June 1797 and signed by President John Adams on 10 June 1797.

Art. 11. As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Mussulmen; and, as the said States never entered into any war, or act of hostility against any Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties, that no pretext arising from religious opinions, shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.(edited to correct dates)