I just had a thought about radical Moslems...
(08-29-2009, 07:00 AM)alaric Wrote:
(08-27-2009, 10:00 PM)matthew_talbot Wrote: They like to blow themselves up...We like to blow them up...You would think we would get along better with them with so much in common...
The problem here is that I really don't believe that the radicals "like" to pack on explosives and detonate themselves in their attempt at suicidal Jihad, it's something they feel compelled to do out of the act of desperation and the brainwashing of clerics guaranteeing them a beautiful reward in paradise........similar to martyrdom in Christianity no?

I also don't believe most soldiers "like" causing destruction and carnage within Islamic cultures, or at least to the civilian populaces even though many of them themselves are brainwashed by our gov't media complex that these people are somewhat less than human and committing the act of genocide is completely appropriate and encouraged. That is not a very noble outlook or honorable trait of a U.S, soldier, but the depraved, bloodthirsty, hateful, un-Christlike, reveng-minded obsession of Israeli IDF thugs or even those drunk themselves of the "religion of peace".

We shouldn't trivialize the deaths and destruction of either of these acts of violence and murder no matter who is engaging in it or for what reason, I don't think God approves of the whole situation eitherway. Neither does the Church.

One of the few posts of yours that I completely agree with!
(08-29-2009, 11:01 AM)Melita Wrote:
(08-29-2009, 07:00 AM)alaric Wrote:
(08-27-2009, 10:00 PM)matthew_talbot Wrote: They like to blow themselves up...We like to blow them up...You would think we would get along better with them with so much in common...
The problem here is that I really don't believe that the radicals "like" to pack on explosives and detonate themselves in their attempt at suicidal Jihad, it's something they feel compelled to do out of the act of desperation and the brainwashing of clerics guaranteeing them a beautiful reward in paradise........similar to martyrdom in Christianity no?

I also don't believe most soldiers "like" causing destruction and carnage within Islamic cultures, or at least to the civilian populaces even though many of them themselves are brainwashed by our gov't media complex that these people are somewhat less than human and committing the act of genocide is completely appropriate and encouraged. That is not a very noble outlook or honorable trait of a U.S, soldier, but the depraved, bloodthirsty, hateful, un-Christlike, reveng-minded obsession of Israeli IDF thugs or even those drunk themselves of the "religion of peace".

We shouldn't trivialize the deaths and destruction of either of these acts of violence and murder no matter who is engaging in it or for what reason, I don't think God approves of the whole situation eitherway. Neither does the Church.

One of the few posts of yours that I completely agree with!
I guess even a broken clock is right twice a day, eh Melita? ;)

Having said that, I take the matters of the unnecessary deaths of other souls very seriously, we should never revel in the misery or joke about such a thing, the very thought of it is hideous and these people are made in the image and likeness of an almighty God who cares for them just as much as any 'catholic" even though they may be in error.
While I don't support Israel and their treatment of the Muslims, don't forget that the PLO slaughtered our Catholic Maronite brothers in Lebanon.  I believe the genocide of Catholics by the PLO is on the order of 100,000 dead.  The Maronites celebrated when the IDF invaded Lebanon.

I don't support either side.  Just let them fight each other and leave Catholics out of it.
There is way too much givin mohams credit on this thread...there is NO SUCH THING as a moderate moham...they all will grovel at the hand they cannot cut off...that's the moham way...
(08-29-2009, 09:11 PM)James02 Wrote: While I don't support Israel and their treatment of the Muslims, don't forget that the PLO slaughtered our Catholic Maronite brothers in Lebanon.  I believe the genocide of Catholics by the PLO is on the order of 100,000 dead.  The Maronites celebrated when the IDF invaded Lebanon.

I don't support either side.   Just let them fight each other and leave Catholics out of it.
Don't forget how many Palestinian and Lebanese Christians were persecuted and slaughtered by Ariel "the butcher" Sharon and the IDF over the course of time.

One of the main reasons muzzies hate us so much is our love and devotion  to the Zionists in that part of the world and Christianity (including the Church) non-stop kissing the backside of Jews and the state of Israel. Has their even been an American president or politician that has seen an Israeli butt it wouldn't kiss at the drop of a dime? How many presidential candidates have to go over there wearing skullcaps and begging for the approval of their Zionists masters?

Muslims are not stupid, they know exactly what's going on with American middle east policy and their so-called "christian" leaders groveling before the christkillers/haters shelling out billions to AIIPAC and every other Judaic org out their who are being , oh so "poi-se-kuted" by the bloodthirsty, savage Muslim mudmen. If it wasn't for Hyman and his American made/paid cluster bombs and Abram tanks on the West bank, we wouldn't be hearing a peep out of Mohamed wailing about "the Great Satan". What are they supposed to think when we subsidise Israeli defense and send troops over there to fight and die for Israel and the big oil companies?

Before we had Israel as a "friend" in the mideast, we had no enemies.(radical Islam)
(08-30-2009, 12:34 PM)alaric Wrote:
(08-29-2009, 09:11 PM)James02 Wrote: While I don't support Israel and their treatment of the Muslims, don't forget that the PLO slaughtered our Catholic Maronite brothers in Lebanon.  I believe the genocide of Catholics by the PLO is on the order of 100,000 dead.  The Maronites celebrated when the IDF invaded Lebanon.

I don't support either side.   Just let them fight each other and leave Catholics out of it.
Don't forget how many Palestinian and Lebanese Christians were persecuted and slaughtered by Ariel "the butcher" Sharon and the IDF over the course of time.

One of the main reasons muzzies hate us so much is our love and devotion  to the Zionists in that part of the world and Christianity (including the Church) non-stop kissing the backside of Jews and the state of Israel. Has their even been an American president or politician that has seen an Israeli butt it wouldn't kiss at the drop of a dime? How many presidential candidates have to go over there wearing skullcaps and begging for the approval of their Zionists masters?

Muslims are not stupid, they know exactly what's going on with American middle east policy and their so-called "christian" leaders groveling before the christkillers/haters shelling out billions to AIIPAC and every other Judaic org out their who are being , oh so "poi-se-kuted" by the bloodthirsty, savage Muslim mudmen. If it wasn't for Hyman and his American made/paid cluster bombs and Abram tanks on the West bank, we wouldn't be hearing a peep out of Mohamed wailing about "the Great Satan". What are they supposed to think when we subsidise Israeli defense and send troops over there to fight and die for Israel and the big oil companies?

Before we had Israel as a "friend" in the mideast, we had no enemies.(radical Islam)

Well...unfortunately, history disagrees with you.  Tell that to the Spaniards, who until Ferdinand and Isabella, had to deal with their country being occupied by Muslims (which were well before the "radical Islam" branches of Hamas or Al Queda).

Islam is an enemy of Christianity since Islam's inception; they just use the existence of Israel as an excuse.  If Israel wasn't around, they'd use another excuse.
(08-30-2009, 05:36 PM)LRThunder Wrote: Well...unfortunately, history disagrees with you.  Tell that to the Spaniards, who until Ferdinand and Isabella, had to deal with their country being occupied by Muslims (which were well before the "radical Islam" branches of Hamas or Al Queda).

Islam is an enemy of Christianity since Islam's inception; they just use the existence of Israel as an excuse.  If Israel wasn't around, they'd use another excuse.

Thank you! Just a few names of battles back before Israel existed when we had no Islamic enemies: Tours, Covadonga, Granada, Lepanto, Kosovo, Vienna.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbary_pir...rbary_wars
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Chapultepec
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_American_War
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_American_War
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_1812
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philippine-American_War

Nope, no enemies whatsoever.  None.  Nada.  Everyone loved the USA, right?

::)
(08-30-2009, 08:02 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote:
(08-30-2009, 12:34 PM)alaric Wrote: Before we had Israel as a "friend" in the mideast, we had no enemies.(radical Islam)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbary_pir...rbary_wars
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Chapultepec
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_American_War
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_American_War
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_1812
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philippine-American_War

Nope, no enemies whatsoever.  None.  Nada.  Everyone loved the USA, right?

::)

In Alaric's defense, I think he meant the US had no Islamic enemies, so only your first link really counts.
(08-30-2009, 05:36 PM)LRThunder Wrote:

Well...unfortunately, history disagrees with you.  Tell that to the Spaniards, who until Ferdinand and Isabella, had to deal with their country being occupied by Muslims (which were well before the "radical Islam" branches of Hamas or Al Queda).

Didn't they have something in Spain called the" Inquistion"?

I don't believe that was directed against the Moors...........