holy death and the "mexican-american traditionalist catholic church"
So for those who have knowledge on this, which i do not, I have two questions:

1. Holy Death - what is it? From what i understand it is either a variety of veneration of Mary (very heterodox imo, depicting her as a skeleton with scythe) or the veneration of the death angel... can someone familiar with it fill me in?

2. mexican-american traditionalist catholic church - anyone encounter or have experience this group? It seems it has a following in the border regions and in urban mexican immigrant communities.

edit: here is the groups website (spanish) http://unicosantuarionacionaldelasantamuerte.com/
(08-28-2009, 10:38 PM)Tobri Wrote: So for those who have knowledge on this, which i do not, I have two questions:

1. Holy Death - what is it? From what i understand it is either a variety of veneration of Mary (very heterodox imo, depicting her as a skeleton with scythe) or the veneration of the death angel... can someone familiar with it fill me in?

2. mexican-american traditionalist catholic church - anyone encounter or have experience this group? It seems it has a following in the border regions and in urban mexican immigrant communities.
Santa Muerte? It is a pagan practice and has nothing to do with the Church. It is believed to be an Aztec holdover.

Iglesia Católica Tradicionalista mexicana-estadounidense has no connections to the Church and denies many dogmas of the Church and is centred around La Santa Muerte (The Holy Death, without "la", Saint Death).
(08-28-2009, 10:41 PM)Rosarium Wrote: Santa Muerte?
yeah! that is it, rather disturbing, reminds of how the creoles in New Orleans and the Caribbean combined voodoo with Catholicism
(08-28-2009, 10:46 PM)Tobri Wrote: yeah! that is it, rather disturbing, reminds of how the creoles in New Orleans and the Caribbean combined voodoo with Catholicism

I've investigated it, obviously, and it is just a pagan practice which some hold dearer than truth.

It is from the same basic idea as those other things you mentioned.
Yay, you have to be careful. I was looking to buy some stuff with the image of Our Lady Of Czestchowa on eBay and many of these sellers make it to vodoo items as well. Beware!!!
J+M+J

Hey folks. I thought I'd throw in my two cents here being that I live on the US/MEX border and am a little familiar with this filth.

This "Santa Muerte" cult is pure Satanism and goes beyond simple pagan hold-overs. Even the leftist Mexican government is beginning to catch wise as to its malicious nature. Just about every major drug distributor, kidnapping ring and otherwise criminally active affiliate is part of this cult.

STAY CLEAR!

In Corde Regis,
Joshua R. Smith