Kennedy Funeral
To me the singing of the Ave Maria was the best. I still cant keep a dry eye during that hymn.
BTW, as Ted Kennedy Jr  is giving the eulogy, not one word about prayers for his soul. No need, he's already in heaven, I guess.
At our TLM chapel, this would not have happened. "Wide is the way, narrow is the gate, and few are those who find it"
These eulogies are making my stomach turn.  I keep waiting for a gavel to bang and the chairman to say time has expired for the Senator from Massachusetts.
So far the only good thing worth mentioning is that the Cardinal used the Latin incense blessing.  :P
(08-29-2009, 11:50 AM)In nomine Patris Wrote: I am. I am suprised they have him already in heaven. Not really I guess. All the talk about all the good he did. Not a word about all the abortion, gay marriage etc. I wonder if Obama will recieve Communion?
I guess we can forget about mentioning Mary Jo Kopechne altogether as well.

I can't believe the church is allowing the "canonization" of this scumbag.

Today I'm ashamed to be called a Catholic.
(08-29-2009, 01:02 PM)alaric Wrote:
(08-29-2009, 11:50 AM)In nomine Patris Wrote: I am. I am suprised they have him already in heaven. Not really I guess. All the talk about all the good he did. Not a word about all the abortion, gay marriage etc. I wonder if Obama will recieve Communion?
I guess we can forget about mentioning Mary Jo Kopechne altogether as well.

Ashamed to be a Catholic?  Those are some pretty tall words.
(08-29-2009, 01:02 PM)alaric Wrote: I guess we can forget about mentioning Mary Jo Kopechne altogether as well.

You ARE a Catholic.  The proud, elite Catholic-hating politicians at the funeral who "say" they're Catholic are not.

So no need to be ashamed of yourself.  I think what you really mean is you're ashamed of them.
(08-29-2009, 01:40 PM)Stephanos Wrote:
(08-29-2009, 01:02 PM)alaric Wrote: I guess we can forget about mentioning Mary Jo Kopechne altogether as well.

You ARE a Catholic.  The proud, elite Catholic-hating politicians at the funeral who "say" they're Catholic are not.

So no need to be ashamed of yourself.  I think what you really mean is you're ashamed of them.

The "Catholic" clergy are to blame because they allow the politicians to believe it. 
I found the selection for the Gospel to be rather meaningful to the event/crowd.  The Lord gathering the good to His "right" and the evil to His "left".  It seemed rather apropos.
Hi, I'm new, and this is my first post.  ;D

I have a dear friend who is a priest and I emailed this this morning and said, "If you're having a bad day, just thank God you are not the priest celebrating the funeral Mass for Ted Kennedy!"

Can you imagine???  :o
I *think* I saw Joe Biden go up for Communion before the camera cut away.  But, I could be wrong about this.