"a Catholic politician could in good conscience vote in favor of abortion"
Who studies theology, the writings of  the Doctors of the Church, arms himself with the rigors of philosophical method and spends his whole life reading the Scriptures and expounding on them, only to seek to find loopholes and argue against the very spirit of the Catholic faith? Is there anything more perplexing? These men (although it is true some women number among them) have all the intellectual acumen, wide reading, and professional respect to mount a sally against the present siege of Satan, and to do so would only entail a faithful fulfillment of their vocation, penning exhortations to virtue and piety, rather than to the contrary.
(08-29-2009, 09:05 PM)alaric Wrote:
(08-29-2009, 08:53 PM)James02 Wrote:
Quote: Aborted children had for safe eternal life,

Abortion as a sacrament.  Would even Fr. Feeney have predicted that?

Yes these children will be safe, and it will be eternal.  Eternally without God in Limbo.  A horrible crime.
I don't buy that for a second.

You actually believe a most holy righteous God would penalize a soul in "limbo" for eternity because some monster in a "family planning center" snuffed him/her  out before they even had a chance to win/lose their salvation?

That would be not only be a total travesty of justice but entirely nonsensical as well.

Sorry, but the Catholic Church proposes that infants who die without baptism go to limbo. It's the modernists who wish to do away with the notion of that state of natural happiness.

Arguments for both sides have been given and I don't really wish to go through the whole thing again. I'll just stick with what the Church taught prior to Vatican II. But, this does not forbid us to hope in the mercy of God and the possibility of those innocent souls from entering heaven. With my whole being I hope for that.
Jeremias 23:1-2 Wrote:Woe to the pastors, that destroy and tear the sheep of my pasture, saith the Lord. Therefore thus saith the Lord the God of Israel to the pastors that feed my people: You have scattered my flock, and driven them away, and have not visited them: behold I will visit upon you for the evil of your doings, saith the Lord.
(08-29-2009, 09:12 PM)Cyriacus Wrote: Who studies theology, the writings of  the Doctors of the Church, arms himself with the rigors of philosophical method and spends his whole life reading the Scriptures and expounding on them, only to seek to find loopholes and argue against the very spirit of the Catholic faith? Is there anything more perplexing? These men (although it is true some women number among them) have all the intellectual acumen, wide reading, and professional respect to mount a sally against the present siege of Satan, and to do so would only entail a faithful fulfillment of their vocation, penning exhortations to virtue and piety, rather than to the contrary.

It has to be a spiritual defect.  I would want to see what the personal spiritual practices of these theologians are.  I highly doubt they pray their daily rosary. 
Quote: I don't buy that for a second.
I don't care what you buy.  I follow the Traditional teaching of the Church.
Quote:You actually believe a most holy righteous God would penalize a soul in "limbo" for eternity because some monster in a "family planning center" snuffed him/her  out before they even had a chance to win/lose their salvation?
  Yep, I actually believe the teaching of the Catholic Church.  And God doesn't "penalize" anyone.  We are all fallen.  It is the baby killer that does the penalizing.
Quote:That would be not only be a total travesty of justice but entirely nonsensical as well.
I don't judge God.
So a scumbag abortionist can butcher 30,000 unborn babies in his lifetime but have a "death-bed" conversion, squeak into purgatory temporarily and eventually enter paradise and dwell in God's presence eternally while 30,000 souls are cut-off from heaven and the Lord forever?

I don't like the sound of that at all. Show me where in Church doctrine where it says that.
There is a wide range of belief a Catholic may entertain on this.  I go with St. Augustine and St. Thomas.  Limbo is a strong tradition of the Church and a Catholic is perfectly in his right to believe it.  Do you deny this?

All of us are fallen and deserve hell.  You believe what you want.
(08-29-2009, 07:28 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(08-29-2009, 07:09 PM)glgas Wrote: Aborted children had for safe eternal life

How do you know they head for safe eternal life?  Maybe they end up in limbo forever, never having had a chance for the remission of original sin.

Quote:children growing up in broken families, children growing up in Godless environment, children and adults supporting unjust killings of innocent people have good chance to the hell.

The mother who kills her unborn child has a really good chance of going to hell, and I the politician that supports that is supporting the unjust killing of an innocent.

I don't see why every time abortion is mentioned you bring up these other things like it's "either / or".  That's a false dichotomy.  Just because abortion is spoken out on doesn't mean these other issues are ignored.  However, abortion has an urgency that these others do not.  Millions of unjust are killed before they even have a chance every year.  Children growing up in a Godless environment at least have a chance at baptism.

You're an odd one...

Your right Quis but so is Glgas. The Republicans only use abortion as an issue to get votes I mean 8 years of shrub and not a thing changed in Washington regarding abortion. True he did do a little for partial birth abortion, but the Republicans would never get rid of abortion its their only thing they have going for them with most Catholics. Vote third party man! Republicrats are just as evil as Demicans in their own way.
(08-29-2009, 07:09 PM)glgas Wrote: Aborted children had for safe eternal life [SNIP]

Har.  Baptism by glgas's desire.  Good luck with that.
(08-30-2009, 10:54 AM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:
(08-29-2009, 07:09 PM)glgas Wrote: Aborted children had for safe eternal life [SNIP]

Har.  Baptism by glgas's desire.  Good luck with that.

The traditional teaching was in the good old times, that the unbaptized infants get to the limbo infantorum, where they are excluded from the heaven. without being tortured by the absence, because that would be personal punishment without personal sin, so against the Justice of God. Also the traditional (not defined) teaching of the Church was that the immortal soul is created significant time after the birth.

The recent teaching of the Church is that there is a strong possibility that the unbaptized infants are save through the virtue of Christ reconciliation of the world with God. There si still no defined definition about the time whan the immortal soul is created.

Both place is much better than the hell, which regardless of the baptism is the sure place fro those who do not choose the narrow gate:to follow Jesus Christ, who accepted the sinners and publicans, but rejected the pharisee who kept the written Law.

What is your teaching? My be you know something what I missed from the genuine documents of the Church. (I am am not interested on the teaching of Fr Feeney, he was excommunicated for his teaching).

laszlo