Christmas prayer of thanks to BVM question
Again this year my Christian friend's protestant mother will be spending Christmas with us.  When protestants pray before meals they mention all the things that they are thankful for and what their needs are.  I am not comfortable praying that way.  I would like to say a prayer to our Blessed Mother giving her thanks for all of her contributions to our salivation, from holding her baby in her arms the first time until she held her baby in her arms the last time.  I would like to know if anyone is aware of a existing prayer that does this.  The reason I ask is because I get tongue tied every time I try to just pray out loud what is in my heart before others.  I want it to be good, really good, so good that it would bring even the bravest of warriors to tears.  If not maybe you people would help me work on one.  I particularly like the idea of mentioning that to us it was our Lord that hanged on the cross but to the BVM it was her little boy.  As usual any help will be appreciated.
Daniel
bump and suggestion...perhaps this would get a response if it were in the question area of the forum?  Wish I could help you out, but I'm still learning prayers myself. 
Alright... so I took a stab at it.

Quote:

Thank you Lord, for filling Our Dearest Mary with your grace, so that she could carry your son, Jesus in her womb.  And thank you Mary, for freely choosing to carry our Savior, Jesus Christ, and for nursing and raising him with a love that is difficult to fathom.  Your gift to the world is the greatest gift anyone has ever given, to allow your child, Our Lord and Savior to be taken from you in order to save us all. Amen.

kzarah Wrote:Again this year my Christian friend's protestant mother will be spending Christmas with us.  When protestants pray before meals they mention all the things that they are thankful for and what their needs are.  I am not comfortable praying that way. 

I would rather go to the dentist than listen to protestants pray. Ugh! "We just want to praise you Lord for (fill in about 25 or so blanks, and don't forget the twangy accent!), in Jesus name, Ayyyymen.

kzarah Wrote: 
I would like to say a prayer to our Blessed Mother giving her thanks for all of her contributions to our salivation, from holding her baby in her arms the first time until she held her baby in her arms the last time.  I would like to know if anyone is aware of a existing prayer that does this.  The reason I ask is because I get tongue tied every time I try to just pray out loud what is in my heart before others.  I want it to be good, really good, so good that it would bring even the bravest of warriors to tears.  If not maybe you people would help me work on one.  I particularly like the idea of mentioning that to us it was our Lord that hanged on the cross but to the BVM it was her little boy. 

I don't know any, but it is a perfectly lovely idea. I like Miss Fluffy's. I will think about it though. Sometimes I am surprised by what I can find in a missal.

God bless you for your sincere efforts at setting a good example, Daniel. I pray that your friends' hearts are moved to truth.

S.A.G. ~ Kathy ~ Sanguine-choleric. Have fun...or else.

Adoramus te, Christe, et benedicimus tibi, quia per sanctam crucem tuam redemisti mundum.
I am going to have to include this post in the Nativity Novena as well because one of my request was to get through to my friends protestant mother that:  The Catholic Church authenticated the books used in the New Testament, That Mary really is the Mother Of God, That the BVM remained a virgin, that she was born without original sin,  She also accepts that there was nothing ordinary about the BVM and she started to cry when I asked her if she loved BVM and responded yes.  I definitely got the impression that she was accepting/believing what I had taught her.  I also was able to explain to her successfully why we have seven more books in the Old Testament.  I couldn't really say that she was completely in agreement with that one but she did listen without interrupting me.  Mind you this woman teaches bible study at her protestant church.  This is a woman who before when I would try to mention these teaching would cover her hears, refuse to listen and start crying no no no.  I have to say I am quite shocked at what just happened.  She was also receptive to oral tradition said that she would like to take home with her to read a booklet on Sola Scriptura and a print out on purgatory.  So Hallelujah Jesus one petition I requested was answered.  Can you Say amen. 
Daniel
I also convinced her that the people she sees on TV who present themselves as Catholic are not Catholic.
Daniel

I Just had the most wonderful suprise Christmass present! MY 3 kids who were going over to their maternal grandparents house for Christmas had a change and they called me up and spent it with me!!!!!! [Image: prayer.gif][Image: prayer.gif][Image: prayer.gif]
hahaha adoramustechriste!

my priest in a sermon once said: I am not a priest because (and I quote) "I accept Jesus Christ as my personal savior, and I enjoy the financial security that comes along with it." (he used a twangy accent) He was also bieng sarcastic and poking fun at evangecials etc. it was quite funny.

Awwww, come on now, what is wrong with:

Well Jesus, we all just want Joe's grandma to get better, thanks for the great-tasting food too. God, please make such-and-such event go well for us next week. We really want the Yankees to win next week (insert various member of the "prayer-circle," cheering/booing).....

You get the point.