Life Photos St. Benedict's Abbey 1955 [LARGE IMAGES]
Thanks so very much, I have tears in my eyes right now. One passing comment I have is when men wear Fedoras like that farmer, then mothers will wear babushkas like the one with her baby at the Communion rail, and the Abbey will be filled with courageous young men studying for the Priesthood. It's going to take a whole lot of giving up things "Americanstyle" before we will see this again. Think so small God will respect our humility.
tim
Looks like very serious stuff! I wouldn't last a day there. Perhaps a day or two, as a visitor. Some of these young men are beautiful. What did they do with all of that sexual energy and longing? :pray:
(08-30-2009, 06:07 PM)GWK123 Wrote: Looks like very serious stuff! I wouldn't last a day there. Perhaps a day or two, as a visitor. Some of these young men are beautiful. What did they do with all of that sexual energy and longing? :pray:

Is that a real question?
(08-30-2009, 06:19 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:
(08-30-2009, 06:07 PM)GWK123 Wrote: Looks like very serious stuff! I wouldn't last a day there. Perhaps a day or two, as a visitor. Some of these young men are beautiful. What did they do with all of that sexual energy and longing? :pray:

Is that a real question?

he may not be a Catholic
(08-30-2009, 06:39 PM)libby Wrote:

Is that a real question?

he may not be a Catholic

Word. It may be a troll.
(08-30-2009, 06:39 PM)libby Wrote:

Is that a real question?

he may not be a Catholic

He said in another thread that he converted to Catholicism and used to work with an actively gay Jesuit (FWIW, our friend GWK123 didn't sount happy about that :) )  So I'll assume that there is some context to consider.  But I don't need to take the question seriously just because someone asked it.
As WhollyRoaminCatholic said Life Photo Archive has tons of Catholic images, many of them that were never published. I put the link to the archive in my signature. If you're ever on Google's Image Search just use "source:life" after the entry term and it will return images from the Life archives in place of Google's normal results.

Thanks for posting these awesome photos.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
(08-31-2009, 04:56 AM)Jacafamala Wrote: Thanks for posting these awesome photos.

You're welcome, Jacafamala!