Ted Kennedy and the Franciscans
From our friendly Franciscans (OFMs of The Holy Name Province)

http://www.hnp.org/publications/hnp_today_view.cfm?iid=131&aid=2706

Seems like the Franciscans in the US are becoming more liberal every day.
well that is why we have the Franciscans of the Immaculate who will ultimately defeat their liberal brethern in this country through vocations and preaching.
The local Jesuits had some suggetions for the family too, I hear...

But the Blessed Mother is one who, in the end, will confound ALL heresies and crush the head of the enemy.  The Immaculate Heart will triumph and those consecrated to her begin that triumph now.
bkovacs Wrote:Seems like the Franciscans in the US are becoming more liberal every day.

I was spiritually "raised" under the tutelage of the Franciscans from the Province of the Immaculate Conception. They are right next door to the folk you mention. I've found Franciscans' can run the gambit from a few solid men, to ones who were very liberal politically. Oddly, I've found many of these same liberals to be sticklers when it came to liturgical rubrics (and some who weren't).
(08-30-2009, 02:10 AM)AntoniusMaximus Wrote: well that is why we have the Franciscans of the Immaculate who will ultimately defeat their liberal brethern in this country through vocations and preaching.

I may be mistaken, but I thought I saw the Franciscans of the Immaculate acting as altar servers for the funeral Mass of Ted Kennedy. The Franciscans at the Mass were wearing the blue robe of the Immaculate.
outside of Morgon, France, there is little stalwart Franciscan spirituality as it should be , to be honest.
(08-30-2009, 02:05 AM)bkovacs Wrote: From our friendly Franciscans (OFMs of The Holy Name Province)

http://www.hnp.org/publications/hnp_today_view.cfm?iid=131&aid=2706

Seems like the Franciscans in the US are becoming more liberal every day.

Or just follow the tradition to remember favorably their benefactors regardless of the ideologiocal / moral differences. The motto is: God is merciful, and we will have mercy if we can forgive and forget anything possibly offensive. About the dead tell their good deeds, or nothing.
The server in blue looked like one of the Little Brothers of the Poor whose house is on Mission Hill.  They wear dungaree habits.

Joe