Alright to Bring Hindu Friend To Mass?
(08-30-2009, 05:56 PM)Rosarium Wrote:
(08-30-2009, 05:31 PM)Walty Wrote: You have a Hindu friend?  Lucky.

Why lucky?

I have a soft spot for Hinduism.  I know it's paganism and all that, but whatever.
If your friend is interested in going, totally bring him (her?) along with you asap. :D
(08-30-2009, 12:36 PM)alaric Wrote: If it's your average liberal post V2 Norvu Ordo mass, he ought to feel right at home.......... ;D

As much as liberals think they have more in common with "Eastern Mysticism," in actuality they have less in common with the truly Eastern devotees (such as the Tibetan Monks and the Bhakti Yoga Gurus) than we do. The East often sees them as arrogant and presumptuous and had a ton of more respect for the Jesuit missionaries they first encountered. Liberals just take what they want from the East, but not what the East in actuality tries to offer them. I would much rather have a traditional Hindu or Buddhist Monk as a friend than a New Age guru.
(08-30-2009, 07:44 PM)WanderingPenitent Wrote:
(08-30-2009, 12:36 PM)alaric Wrote: If it's your average liberal post V2 Norvu Ordo mass, he ought to feel right at home.......... ;D
b

As much as liberals think they have more in common with "Eastern Mysticism," in actuality they have less in common with the truly Eastern devotees (such as the Tibetan Monks and the Bhakti Yoga Gurus) than we do. The East often sees them as arrogant and presumptuous and had a ton of more respect for the Jesuit missionaries they first encountered. Liberals just take what they want from the East, but not what the East in actuality tries to offer them. I would much rather have a traditional Hindu or Buddhist Monk as a friend than a New Age guru.

Precisley.  It is strong convictions that the modernists don't like and any strong conviction is certain to "offend" someone.  Modernists don't have the fortitude to commit to true faith practice, no matter what the faith.  American Buddhism and Hinduism are much, much different from the real thing.
Heck, yeah. Bring 'em to a TLM.
I would like to point out Hinduism is very diverse and nothing says "Satan" better than hundreds of Hindus chanting Ram! (god of war) while raping nuns.

There are places where Hindus make the worst of Muslims look like pushovers. They aren't the Eastern peace loving introspective types by nature. They have a high record of forced "conversions" of Christians, murders, assaults, and other acts of violence against Christians (not including their violence against each other and just about any other religion).
(08-30-2009, 07:51 PM)Rosarium Wrote: I would like to point out Hinduism is very diverse and nothing says "Satan" better than hundreds of Hindus chanting Ram! (god of war) while raping nuns.

There are places where Hindus make the worst of Muslims look like pushovers. They aren't the Eastern peace loving introspective types by nature. They have a high record of forced "conversions" of Christians, murders, assaults, and other acts of violence against Christians (not including their violence against each other and just about any other religion).

This I do know.  The western conception of Hinduism is really off.  In fact, long story short, I almost converted (before I took Catholicism seriously) to Hinduism at one point in my life.

Indeed, there are devils behind much of the Hindu pantheon and I wouldn't be surprised if my almost-conversion wasn't an attempt by Satan to lead me astray from what I would come to find.
(08-30-2009, 07:55 PM)Walty Wrote:
(08-30-2009, 07:51 PM)Rosarium Wrote: I would like to point out Hinduism is very diverse and nothing says "Satan" better than hundreds of Hindus chanting Ram! (god of war) while raping nuns.

This I do know.  The western conception of Hinduism is really off.  In fact, long story short, I almost converted (before I took Catholicism seriously) to Hinduism at one point in my life.

Indeed, there are devils behind much of the Hindu pantheon and I wouldn't be surprised if my almost-conversion wasn't an attempt by Satan to lead me astray from what I would come to find.

I do not disagree with this either. In fact, that's my point. Hinduism is not a unified philosophy or faith but instead a cosmology with many cults occupying it. Even Buddhism is capable of great violence (which was committed against the Christians in China and Japan).
(08-30-2009, 08:12 PM)WanderingPenitent Wrote:
(08-30-2009, 07:55 PM)Walty Wrote:

I do not disagree with this either. In fact, that's my point. Hinduism is not a unified philosophy or faith but instead a cosmology with many cults occupying it. Even Buddhism is capable of great violence (which was committed against the Christians in China and Japan).

Hinduism is really a misnomer.  I do not think you could find two Hindus who hold all the same beliefs.  It is so based on geography, culture, and subjectivism it's hard for the westerner to understand it.  The devotees are very serious though, and it can be as primitive and barbaric as I assume the Cannaanite practices were. 

But, in a sense, despite all their barbarity you have to respect them.  They are convicted and many of them live very simple lives of devotion.  There is a dignity to that that the modernists lose.  They are proverbial fence-sitters.
Yes, bring him to Mass.

BrevisVir55 Wrote:I know that Catholics aren't supposed to worship with heretics, but since he would be really worshiping with me and not the other way around is that okay?

Hindus aren't heretics, they're infidels.