Feast of St Fiacre
(09-01-2009, 08:18 PM)CanadianCatholic Wrote: I like this story....and I think I now have a name for this baby, if its a boy, Faro...I very much like that.

I think that's a beautiful name, and a very worthy patron!
(09-02-2009, 03:59 PM)Melita Wrote:
(09-01-2009, 08:18 PM)CanadianCatholic Wrote: I like this story....and I think I now have a name for this baby, if its a boy, Faro...I very much like that.

I think that's a beautiful name, and a very worthy patron!
Isnt it great! I want to know more about him, time to Google!
My 18 month old is our first boy, we named him Felix. I found 8 St. Felix's, 4 of which were popes! LOL....i ahve high expectations...My DH says he'll be the first pope who also played in the NHL  :laughing: :laughing:
Here's a good link to stuff about St Faro (it's TIA, but the information is sound): http://www.traditioninaction.org/SOD/j04...o10-28.htm

Selected text;

Faro was born around the year 585 into a noble family in Burgundy, France. His sister was St. Fara, famous for her miracles and the Convent she founded.

St Faro had the gift of counsel, which he used to help the unfortunate and oppressed.

When St. Faro fought for his Faith against pagans like the Saxons or Moors, his zeal would have been doubled since the fight for a religious ideal is one that engages the entire man and multiplies his strength.

There's lots more... St Faro was a fascinating man, who lived a full and holy life. Felix should be proud of his little brother's namesake (even if St Faro never did become pope  :laughing:)

(09-02-2009, 04:10 PM)CanadianCatholic Wrote: My DH says he'll be the first pope who also played in the NHL  :laughing: :laughing:

As long as he doesn't play for the Cow Town Flameouts! :laughing:
(09-02-2009, 08:13 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(09-02-2009, 04:10 PM)CanadianCatholic Wrote: My DH says he'll be the first pope who also played in the NHL  :laughing: :laughing:

As long as he doesn't play for the Cow Town Flameouts! :laughing:
yeah...cause the losers up north do so well every year too...your dreams died when Gretzky left